Resume not working correctly

kidiavn

I'm not sure why I have some problems with the resume function. Here is my setup:

- PC A: install Emby Server version 3.0.5871.0

- 2 Kodi Devices: version Jarvis 16.0, Emby Addon version 2.2.4, both connect to Emby Server in PC A

If i play a video within a Kodi device, and then stop it, go to the webclient and it show the video where i left off (ex. at 5:00). If i continue to watch that video from the webclient, then stop it (ex. at 10:00), go back to Kodi, i can only resume from 5:00 not 10:00. It seems that I can only play in Kodi and resume in webclient but not the other way around.

The same problem happens between 2 Kodi devices: it can only resume from its own resume point, not from other device.

I tried to reset local database & reinstall emby addon but the problem still remains.

The attach files below is my kodi & emby server log.

kodi.logserver-63591873073.txt

Edited by kidiavn

Angelblue05

Indeed, I seem to be facing the same issue. It seems the webclient correctly updates, but Kodi doesn't. Thanks for the logs. I will let you know once I have a build for you to test.

Edit: Ok, nvm, it is working correctly. I was looking at the wrong user in Kodi, hah....

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@kidiavn

Can you confirm both Kodi devices are connected to the same emby user when you test?

After stopping the stream in the web client, can you try to resume from it, in the web client? Let me know if it resumes correctly. If that's the case, can you verify if Kodi updated the resume point as well? all I can think of is that it's not the same Emby user in the different sessions.

Edited by Angelblue05

@@kidiavn

Can you confirm both Kodi devices are connected to the same emby user when you test?

After stopping the stream in the web client, can you try to resume from it, in the web client? Let me know if it resumes correctly. If that's the case, can you verify if Kodi updated the resume point as well? all I can think of is that it's not the same Emby user in the different sessions.

Yes, both Kodi devices are connected to the same emby user (My Emby Server has only 1 user).

After stopping the stream in the web client, I could resume from it correctly in the web client. But when I went back to Kodi to play the stream, it didn't update the resume point. 

I try to rollback to Emby Addon version 1.1.62 which i used before updating to version 2.2.4, and the resume point syncing work fine between devices, very strange.

I've just found out that this problem only happens when I play TV Show files. If I play Movie files, resuming between devices work correctly.

Edited by kidiavn
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Yeah could be why I couldn't reproduce the issue at the time, I believe I tested using a movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

I can't reproduce this issue with episodes either... The resume point is in sync with every devices. I've added additional logging. Can you install this build over one Kodi devices. Then repeat the steps, start in Kodi, create a resume point, go in the webclient, create a new resume point.

Post the  Kodi logs with the modified build so I can compare, we'll go from there. I can see the resume point is not the same when you resume in Kodi. It's still using the old resume point. Thanks, take note, this build contains modifications to views so you may need to recreate your emby home shortcuts.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Very interesting, thanks for the log, this time it's more clear as to what is happening.

Edited by Angelblue05

Alright, I am fairly certain I got this right, let me know  :) Thanks for your patience!

Yes, this build is working perfectly :D. Thank you for your quick support @Angelblue05 :)

Edited by kidiavn
  • Like 1