BUG: "Unset (mixed content)" Showing in Movies...

Dodgy Bob

cmcg

Hey Bob,

I do apologise. I have been busy and not made progress recently. I'll get back to it before long. I appreciate your patience.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Bob,

In the meanwhile you could download the app onto a usb, make the changes Sam posted, and then side-load the app if interested.  Others have done that.

• Like 1

Dodgy Bob

Hey cmcg and FrostByte,

I had figured as much   :)  No huge rush, so when you get there cmcg, all good!

And side-loading? Hmmm, I had forgotten about that. I might give that a burl this weekend.

Thanks lads   :D

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob.

SamES

Thanks dude. I'm on holiday this week. I'll get on this when I return.

FYI, I should have a pull-request for you on this in the next few days against 2.2_dev.  This should make it easier to merge.  Just retesting.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
SamES

@Dodgy Bob, I recall that you mentioned that your libraries view correctly in the web-client.  Can you please confirm for me if this is still the case?  Can you also tell me whether you are running release or beta on the server, and which version you are running?

I have a suspicion that Views might be broken in the latest Server Beta.

Edited by SamES

Dodgy Bob

@Dodgy Bob, I recall that you mentioned that your libraries view correctly in the web-client.  Can you please confirm for me if this is still the case?  Can you also tell me whether you are running release or beta on the server, and which version you are running?

I have a suspicion that Views might be broken in the latest Server Beta.

Hey SamES,

I'll check tonight once I'm home from work   :)

SamES

Hey SamES,

I'll check tonight once I'm home from work   :)

This is working again for me now in server Beta Version 3.0.5977.0

Dodgy Bob

This is working again for me now in server Beta Version 3.0.5977.0

OK - that's a good thing then!   :D

For me, I'm running Server "Version 3.0.5934.0" and it would appear that in FF and Chrome and IE my unset movies stay put in my "Media" folder I have setup for them and so they do not appear in the Movies collection.

...and sorry for the late reply too. Things - as they tend to - did not go the way I thought they would once I got home the other night!

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob.

• Like 1

SamES

OK - that's a good thing then!   :D

For me, I'm running Server "Version 3.0.5934.0" and it would appear that in FF and Chrome and IE my unset movies stay put in my "Media" folder I have setup for them and so they do not appear in the Movies collection.

...and sorry for the late reply too. Things - as they tend to - did not go the way I thought they would once I got home the other night!

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Dodgy Bob

Hey SamES,

I have finally only just now got around to really testing your modified Emby for Samsung App and I'm not sure what the deal is, but it doesn't work for me!?

First I suppose I need to ask: If I just grab the dropbox download from above from you SamES, do I need to make any changes to that package?

So for me, I did initially just install it - whether over the top of or alongside of the "official" 2.1.3 release, I don't know, I just installed it! - and what would happen is that after RE giving Emby my IP and then choosing the right account to log in with and giving my password for said account, once at the home page the only menu items I could get into were Music, Photos and Media Folders. If I tried to enter into Movies or TV, it would throw me back to the "choose your account to login with" screen. Weird? So I thought I would leave it and come back to it after a bit.

So thats what I've just done now. Its been a week or so since what happened above and still thinking about what happened above, I thought I would just start fresh. So in my Sammy TV, I...

• logged out as me and logged in as DEVELOP
  • uninstalled both references of Emby showing up in the SmartHub
  • turned off / turned on the TV
  • logged out as me and logged in as DEVELOP
  • then using "SammyWidgets" told my TV to install your modified version SamES
  • turned off / turned on the TV and then
  • finally after the TV was done restarting and loading its things, I started Emby

Once again I had to give Emby the IP to connect to and then the user to login as and then the user's password and once in, I got more or less the same error as above, but instead of being chucked back to the user login page, I was only being chucked back to the home page ... i think perhaps this was because this time - thinking that everything was going to be just peachy for me! - I went into settings first and changed a couple of the users settings (only user settings mind you) and one of those was to auto log in with this particular user. So maybe if I hadn't of changed that it would still be chucking me out to the user login page!?

Anyhow, short story is that for whatever reason when I select movies or TV along the top, I only end up at the home page.

I'll go and see what happens when I use the side menu and I'll see what happens if I turn off that user setting to auto login.

Will report back in a moment.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob.

Edited by Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

OK, yep, just tested things again...

If I use the side menu, same thing happens as if using the top menu; I just get dumped back at the home page. I know because after clicking the enter / go button, the background changes within 2secs but I'm not anywhere new! Its like it wanted to go off somewhere but either it didn't know where to go or it was not allowed to go where it wanted to go.

Also, I set default user back to false and as expected, instead of just being "dumped back to" the home page, I was actually kicked out to the login page. So perhaps for me clicking on the movie or TV menu item, whether top or side, is making an invalid call or something!?

Let me know if you want me to try anything else or grab you logs or something.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

Edited by Dodgy Bob

SamES

OK, yep, just tested things again...

If I use the side menu, same thing happens as if using the top menu; I just get dumped back at the home page. I know because after clicking the enter / go button, the background changes within 2secs but I'm not anywhere new! Its like it wanted to go off somewhere but either it didn't know where to go or it was not allowed to go where it wanted to go.

Also, I set default user back to false and as expected, instead of just being "dumped back to" the home page, I was actually kicked out to the login page. So perhaps for me clicking on the movie or TV menu item, whether top or side, is making an invalid call or something!?

Let me know if you want me to try anything else or grab you logs or something.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

I think the version you have is probably quite early in the changes.

I have done it differently now and it is much more robust against changes to user settings on the server.  @@cmcg has this latest copy in dev and will hopefully role something out to test soon.

• Like 2

Dodgy Bob

I think the version you have is probably quite early in the changes.

I have done it differently now and it is much more robust against changes to user settings on the server.  @@cmcg has this latest copy in dev and will hopefully role something out to test soon.

Ahhh, OK then, fair enough.

So I'll just go back to the official 2.1.3 version for now and wait patiently for cmcg and the updated version   ;)

Thanking you lads   :)

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

• 2 weeks later...
cmcg

Hi Chaps,

There's a beta version 2.2.0a on my site. Update from 82.27.106.58 and give it a go.

@@SamES was kind enough to gift wrap this fix. I just pulled in his changes.

Let me know if it address the issue in this thread.

Live TV and internet Channels are also enabled in this beta so you can see what progress has been made there. But save feedback on that stuff until I start a new thread for the beta please.

Cheers

cmcg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

@@Dodgy Bob

You can try out audio book support in the latest beta release of Emby Server. Simply create a library using the Books content type. Once scanned in you can play and resume just like you would expect with audio books. Please try it out and give us your feedback, we're listening. Thanks !

• Like 1