Request: more tiles

Hi,

When I go to the media folders I see a maximum of six tiles for the folders which take up a large portion of the screen.

I myself have more than 6 media folders and I wondered if it is possible to show more folders in the screen.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Dodgy Bob

Hey 1972,

I've thought of this from time to time as well  :)

I'd love to have 2 rows of 4 tiles or 3 rows of 3 tiles - or some variation thereof - for the same reason; I don't sit so very far away from the screen that I need huge tiles to be able to see them from across the room. So yeah, I'd be 1 upping this as a FR.

Please.

Thanks,

Dodgy Bob.

FrostByte

Are you talking

Hi,

When I go to the media folders I see a maximum of six tiles for the folders which take up a large portion of the screen.

I myself have more than 6 media folders and I wondered if it is possible to show more folders in the screen.

Thanks.

Can't you arrow down to see the rest?  There should be a counter in the bottom left showing you how many media folders you have to scroll through.  I know I have 8 and see all mine.  Or, are you asking to see more than 6 at a time without scrolling?

• Like 1

True, ofcourse I can ;-)

I also have 8 folders, so it would be nice to see them all in one screen.

Furthermore my movies are always nr.7 (or 8) on the screen, so I always have to scroll down. My wife even called me last time were to find this folder, it seemed to be gone she said.... noop, just scroll down  ;)

Edited by 1972
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Ok, I figured you knew that already.  Just wanted to make sure ;)  It looks like you could fit another row without changing the size of anything

Dodgy Bob

Hey lads,

I was thinking this morning, could the same be done for the 'Media Folders' tiles as what was done for the size of 'Movies' perhaps?

I remember that chess added in this option into the User Settings:

::  Going left once directly on the Home Screen (thus going into Tools) > go to Settings > under User Settings > option 5/20 "Show Large Icons"  ::

Perhaps an option could be set in User Settings for the 'Media Folders' tiles to make them larger as well?

Perhaps the code could even be copied from the "Show Large Icons" and only changed where necessary so that the wheel didn't have to be reinvented?

I have no idea, I'm just guessing at things and thinking of ways around it is all  :)  Just another 2 cents from me!

Regards,

Dodgy Bob.

• Like 1

Dodgy Bob

Folks,

I had a thought tonight... If this request gets any traction, could we possibly throw in the tiles on the Home Page that take up Home View 1 and Home View 2 please as well? That is, at the moment the tiles in those sections are 3 across on screen, what if they could be 4 and/or 5 across on screen? 6 might be too much, but you know what I mean right?

Anyhow, just putting it out there   :D

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob.

• Like 1

I'll change to Media Folders to 4x3 view in the next beta. I expect those asking will like it and others won't care. Personally I'm in the later camp. :)

• Like 3

Dodgy Bob

Hey @@cmcg,

Any word on the sizing of tiles on the Home Screen; beta after next perhaps or not at all?

Regards,

Dodgy Bob.

cmcg

Sorry Bob. The beauty of this client is its simplicity. The home screen has the ability to zero in on the half dozen items your are most likely to want to see. It's what I like about it the most.

• Like 1

Dodgy Bob

Ahhh, 'tis a shame   :(

Fair enough; 3 across at a time it is then.

Thank you and to the team for all your continued efforts.

Regards,

Dodgy Bob.