can't open mp3

DartVader
Go to solution Solved by DartVader,

DartVader

Hi there,

i've installed Kodi on my Fire TV Stick and almost everything is working fine - except my Music files.

i can't play my mp3s (i guess none of them, i only tried a 20 or so...)

logfile says

1. 06:40:37 T:1103866464   ERROR: virtual bool DVDPlayerCodec::Init(const string&, unsigned int): Error opening file musicdb://artists/59/872/13491.mp3?albumartistsonly=false&albumid=872&artistid=59
  2. 06:40:37 T:1103866464   ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file musicdb://artists/59/872/13491.mp3?albumartistsonly=false&albumid=872&artistid=59
  3. 06:40:37 T:1103866464 WARNING: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder
  4. 06:40:37 T:1103866464   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [musicdb://artists/59/872/13491.mp3?albumartistsonly=false&albumid=872&artistid=59]

what am i doing wrong?

TIA
Erwin

Angelblue05

When you play your video files, is it direct playing or direct streaming/or transcoding in your emby dashboard? Do you have your music library set to direct stream in the add-on settings > sync options?

Angelblue05

And your video files? Are they direct streaming? I'm trying to figure out if you have a permission issue or not... Thanks, let me know. Kodi is the one complaining, so either your paths are incorrectly formatted for Kodi, or you have a permission issue.

Edited by Angelblue05

DartVader

There is no permission Problem

Musicfiles are stored at "D:\Musik" (local Server path) and reachable in my Home Network under \\server\Musik

(in Emby i've made a Pathmapping "D:\Musik" -> \\Server\Musik)

(the same for Videos - just different Foldernames - e.b. "F:\Filme1" -> \\Server\Filme1

The connected user has Admin privileges and all rights/permissions possible...

Angelblue05

Ok, can you try this then: Go to add-ons > install from zip > navigate to your share via smb. Does Kodi ask you for credentials at any point?

DartVader

no questions or Problems - because Network logins are stored in Kodi...

(i can watch Videos, and that's the same Server :-))

JFYI: i have some experience with Windows Networks - i'm a Delphi programmer and i know how to set up home Networks. There is definitely no Problem with Network rights.

(i can make an full debug log in about 8 hours when im at home again and post it - if you think it may help)

DartVader

Ok - yesterday i've done a total reset of the Database and after importing all files i restartet KODI and tried to Play a MP3.

it Fails, the debug log is located at

Your debug kodi.log: http://xbmclogs.com/psklt8hyp

any suggestions what to try next?

BTW: There seems to be a glitch in the Music importer with some filenames - one of my MP3 was "not found"

local path: "D:\Musik\Musik\Bon Jovi\2007 - Lost Highway\03.(You Want To) Make A Memory.mp3"

Network Path: "\\Server\Musik\Musik\Bon Jovi\2007 - Lost Highway\03.(You Want To) Make A Memory.mp3"

maybe to Long? or the Bracket after the dot?

(i can Play the MP3 on my Smartphone with Samba, so it's there, it's ok and the Network is configured right :-))

TIA

Erwin

• Like 1

Angelblue05

No there's no issues with the path itself. I just ran it through our code and it comes out as:

filename: 03.(You Want To) Make A Memory.mp3

path: smb://Server/Musik/Musik/Bon Jovie/2007 - Lost Highway/

Can you confirm by playing a video file, that it is indeed direct playing and not direct streaming? You never confirmed when I asked previously. You can verify by playing a video file in Kodi and checking your emby dashboard > active devices > mouseover Kodi. Let me know. If it is direct playing, I have no idea what the issue could be with your music.

Edited by Angelblue05

• Solution
DartVader

i finally got it - but i still dont know what was wrong...

steps i've done to get it to work:

- delete alle emby Librarys

- delete all path Substitutions

- delete all Network Shares

- create a new (Windows/Network) user and Password (all lower caps, no spaces or Special characters)

- recreate all Network shares

- recreate alle emby librarys using UNC Paths "\\SERVER\Musik" instead "d:\Musik"

- reset of the Emby for Kodi Databases and Settings

(about 750 Movies, 100 TV-Series and 12000 mp3 - takes some time... :-))

ok, thats brute-force and nothing that helps on finding the Problem - but it works... :-)

Now i will uninstall my Mediaportal installtions and replace them by Kodi on Fire TV Sticks... :-)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I'm glad you got this working. :)  If you decide to copy your setup (kodi folder) over to your fire tv sticks, make sure you delete the machine_guid file contained in kodi > addons > plugin.video.emby.

Edited by Angelblue05