Cleaning up MetaData

jrhessey

jrhessey

I noticed this morning I was nearly out of space on my hard drive.  Ran windirstat to see what was taking up all the space and it's 2 metadata folders in Emby.  One metadata folder is under mediabrowser-server\data the other is under mediabrowser-server.  One is almost 13 gb, the other is 7gb.  Some of the data looks duplicated in the folders judging by the chapter thumbnails I see.  Is there anyway to clean this up to free up some space?  Should there be two locations for metadata?

Quick question..

Can this be off-loaded on to an HDD? I have a 250Gb SSD that is getting full and I haven't put much on it. I'm thinking it is probably emby metadata after reading this but have not actually checked.

Thanks.

Koleckai Silvestri

You can change the storage location of the metadata folder under Metadata Advance. I have it moved off to a 2.5" disk drive in my server as the SSD in that machine is only 60 GB currently.

Happy2Play

But as you stated some of the data is duplicated do to changes in where information is being saved, and you should delete the info as Luke suggested.  Pretty sure the info in \Data\Metadata is old data, it is now stored in \Metadata\library depending on how old your system.xml is or just \Metadata