Live TV not displaying properly with Nvidia graphics cards.

QUIKFLUX

QUIKFLUX

The # after the v in "http://192.168.100.23:5004/auto/v8" indicates a channel. Find one that works, and exhibits the problem. Maybe channel 8 isn't a good channel right now.

Ok was able to get it to run with channel 50, the channel i test all this with and get the 4:3 aspect on my tv when it should be 16:9 attached is the file. Had to change file to .doc from .mkv to be able to upload, please rename back to .mkv

7b7babf82fd6edeb1f7eda90d986a0f1.doc

Edited by QUIKFLUX

QUIKFLUX

If you play this file in ET, does it reproduce the error?

No, when i play this test file through ET you had me create, i get a full size correct picture with playback. but if i go to live tv and watch same channel, its still at 4:3.

QUIKFLUX

What video decoding mechanism is being used in ET?

Hi, its set to madvr, and inside madvr i have it set to avoid judder.

post-110700-0-74288400-1456525289_thumb.jpg

Edited by QUIKFLUX

QUIKFLUX

I have tried earlier with EVR+ and i have posted the results of this already. EVR= does fix the aspect ratio for me but instead of seeing the entire tv screen filled with picture, i only see a 3 quarter picture, please see an earlier post of mine within this section for this problem, i posted 2 pictures of what happens to my picture when MADVR and EVR+ is on....below is the earlier picture i posted.

post-110700-0-65620900-1456552252_thumb.jpg

babgvant

Sorry - What do you mean by software? EVR+?

Software decoding. Instead of Auto.

I want to eliminate an issue with DXVA on NVIDIA GPUs. The renderer gets the frame size and AR from the media info produced by it. Because ET is pulling the stream directly, this is one of the few platform dependent bits in the pipeline.

QUIKFLUX

I want to eliminate an issue with DXVA on NVIDIA GPUs. The renderer gets the frame size and AR from the media info produced by it. Because ET is pulling the stream directly, this is one of the few platform dependent bits in the pipeline.

Hi, ok thanks for the information. I have tried all settings and all have the same issue.

QUIKFLUX

Hi, thanks for all the help so far with this issue, do you think there will be a fix/workaround for this issue or do i need to wait for further development?

QUIKFLUX

Unfortunately, I'm not sure it's something that we can fix. Not directly anyway.

This used to work fine in earlier version of ET though.

QUIKFLUX

Unfortunately, I'm not sure it's something that we can fix. Not directly anyway.

Ok i just tried something on the server side, in playback section in the transcoding tab, i switched the hardware acceleration mode from auto to intel quick sync. Then tried live TV through ET and now my picture on the TV is PERFECT. This is super weird as i have an Intel i7 5820k CPU in my emby server PC. This CPU does not even support Intel Quick sync.

babgvant

Which version? There may have been an architectural change (direct streaming v. via ffmpeg).

Have you updated your video drivers since?

Since it works on Intel, and not on Nvidia it is extremely likely that this is some sort of driver, or other very low-level component.

babgvant

Ok i just tried something on the server side, in playback section in the transcoding tab, i switched the hardware acceleration mode from auto to intel quick sync. Then tried live TV through ET and now my picture on the TV is PERFECT. This is super weird as i have an Intel i7 5820k CPU in my emby server PC. This CPU does not even support Intel Quick sync.

Transcoding via ffmpeg would change the path from direct play to HDHR->server (ffmpeg)-> client.

Edited by babgvant

QUIKFLUX

Which version? There may have been an architectural change (direct streaming v. via ffmpeg).

Have you updated your video drivers since?

Since it works on Intel, and not on Nvidia it is extremely likely that this is some sort of driver, or other very low-level component.

I havent updated video card drivers since this issue started. same driver the entire time. Im running the latest beta version for emby server. v3.0.5891.0

QUIKFLUX

Transcoding via ffmpeg would change the path from direct play to HDHR->server (ffmpeg)-> client.

I have looked into this a little more, on the server side in playback>Transcoding and the setting i am looking at is the Hardware acceleration, when this is set to auto, it is basically direct streaming the HDHR data to Emby Theater. I cant see FFMpeg transcoding at all through my task manager on my server. When this is set to auto, this is when i am getting the bad aspect/picture on my TV with an Nvidia Graphics Card.  After changing the Hardware Acceleration setting to Intel Quick Sync on the server side, and i start live tv through emby theater, i can see through task manager on the server that FFMpeg is now running and transcoding the live TV Stream. This is when i get the correct aspect/picture on my tv. Does not seem like when the hardware acceleration mode is set to auto, that its automatically transcoding the TV data to stream to Emby Theater, is this correct and the way it should run or is this a bug in Emby Server? Ultimately i would love to be able to direct stream live tv over my personal LAN to Emby Theater PCs without the need to transcode at all and get correct aspect/picture on my TVs.