Upgrade search language abrangency

anderbytes

anderbytes

Whenever we search a title by it's name, I noticed that only the translated name (outside-US cenarios) is found within search, not the original name.

As I keep metadata of the original language and my country's too inside media (audio, subtitles...) , I expected to be able to search for a media by both of those, also.

Example:

Filename : Back to the future

Title: De volta para o futuro

Today I can only search by words inside "De volta para o futuro", even if the physic filename is in english.

Can this be fixed? I don't want to force anyone to search using a specific language if I have info about both.

Additionally... I want to remember that issue ( http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30911-search-bug-with-accented-chars/ ) is opened...hoping that next release will fix this.

We are using the external provider's search capability so they would need to be able to recognize those titles in other languages.  Tmdb is community-driven so it is possible for you to add them I believe.

anderbytes

We are using the external provider's search capability so they would need to be able to recognize those titles in other languages.  Tmdb is community-driven so it is possible for you to add them I believe.

I'm not saying about fetching metadata. This works OK as it gets title name in my language and updates metadata as needed. (But leaves filename intact in english)

I'm saying in search inside Emby. When you click the magnifying glass at the top of screen.

Edited by anderbytes

Ah, sorry.

We search on the title field so whatever language is displayed there is how it will be found.

Including the file name I think would be a bad idea because it could create a whole lot of noise with irrelevant hits.

It is possible we could also search on original title or some other field.  However, do we really want to make the search 1/2 as fast for everyone just for this case...?

anderbytes

Ah, sorry.

We search on the title field so whatever language is displayed there is how it will be found.

Including the file name I think would be a bad idea because it could create a whole lot of noise with irrelevant hits.

It is possible we could also search on original title or some other field.  However, do we really want to make the search 1/2 as fast for everyone just for this case...?

If the user is non-US and is moderately fan of TV/Cinema , he knows better the original names of movies than his language's.

My kids and wife will use our language (pt-BR) to search, as I will use mostly the original name (eng).

Isn't possible to implement a way to configure what will be indexed in search?

I wouldn't mind to wait a little longer to allow original name searching.... where others could only search in title field.