TV Multi-Episode ISO File Naming

jj12345

jj12345

With ISO that contains multiple episodes is there a preferred naming convention to get decent meta data?

I used to have this:

24_SEASON_1_DISC_1.iso

Which gave nothing (understandably)... then based on this post: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/674-media-files-folders-structure/&do=findComment&comment=21472 I updated the file name to this:

24 s01x01 - s01x04 disc1.iso

Which does now show an option for episode 1 in in the browser.  It's an ISO with menu so when I play that episode in MBT VLC kicks in and lets me pick the actual episode I want.  I know I can manually edit the meta data but since I'm following the suggested naming convention I expected the meta data to indicate the video was episodes 1-4 instead of just episode 1.

Any suggestions? (other than rip each episode to mp4  :))

jj12345

Not sure exactly what you want a screen shot of but I'm guessing it's the file name and what meta data was collected for it:

52b4753787b19_24season1episodes14.png

While that naming convention should work, have you tried any others? Such as

24 s01e01-e04.iso

24 s01e01-e04 Disc 1.iso

Just to see if it picks up anything else.

jj12345

Doh  :o Can't believe I didn't check to make sure I was on the latest.  Just upgraded and now it appears before s07e01 and as my 'bonus" s06e25.  Thanks for the help... just donated and am ready to start buying some clients.

jj12345

Not sure... the dashboard did recognize there was a new version out there but it said I had to stop MB3 and install the update manually.

jj12345

I set up Season 0 folder with this file: "24 s00e09 Redemption Movie.iso" it finds the metadata for it and shows it under specials but I was wondering if it could show up in a particular season.  In this case this special happens between season 6 and season 7.  I can edit the title to clue someone in to watch between seasons 6 and 7 but they may never look in the specials folder to see that.  I'd like it to show up at the end of season 6 or beginning of season 7.  I tried sticking it in as s06e25 but it doesn't show up since metadata is never found.

More generically asked... is there a way to have media files appear in the folder they reside in even when metadata isn't found?

jj12345

It has metadata for s00e09 and appears under specials with that metadata but it does not appear before s07e01 as defined in tvdb.  I made a copy of the file as s06e25 and I see it in the metadata editor (without any fetched metadata for obvious reasons) but it does not appear in season 6 display.

If it would help please email me and I can poke a hole in the firewall so you can see it.

if mb3 fetched the metadata then it should be fine if left in season 0 as s00e09.

sticking it in as s06e25 should work to even without metadata. I have tested both of these scenarios with individual video files, although not with iso's.