Display moives in full screen not wide screen

sindori1001

sindori1001

hello, i just got in to emby theater and its great, there is one thing i would like to ask tho.

when i play some movies some of them are in wide screen, is there anyway to make them full screen?

now, i no emby for WMC has this and from my understanding the windows 8/10 app has it as well so is there a back-end hack i could do to make it happen or a shortcut??

Regards,

Sindori1001

Why the heck would you want to watch something in pan and scan?  You do realize you are missing out on 30% or more of the movie if you zoom in, right?

http://img-nex.theonering.net/images/scrapbook/8465.jpg

While I agree with you, that is a philosophical debate and some people simply don't care.  They want every pixel on their panel used :).

Also, there are some legitimate reasons for needing to zoom, or even distort, the pure image.  One is old non-anamorphic content that actually has black bars encoded all the way around the real image and another is a setup like I have in my Theater room with a 2.35:1 screen and an anamorphic lens on the projector.  In that last case, you need to apply a vertical stretch to the letterboxed image to fill the entire panel frame and then the anamorphic lens stretches it horizontally to fill the full 2.35 aspect ratio of the screen.

Most display systems have the ability to apply these stretches now but it is nice to have them in the program because then we can apply the distortion/zoom to only the video image and not cause our other OSD elements to be pushed out of the frame.

• Like 2

sindori1001

i would like to remove have black squares above and below so stretch not zoom like WMC as it can do this up and down and left to right to remove the black boxes

sorry for the late reply

Lawrage

Good to know someone else has these 1st world issues as well :)

Would be a nice feature to have one day.

Also, there are some legitimate reasons for needing to zoom, or even distort, the pure image.  One is old non-anamorphic content that actually has black bars encoded all the way around the real image and another is a setup like I have in my Theater room with a 2.35:1 screen and an anamorphic lens on the projector.  In that last case, you need to apply a vertical stretch to the letterboxed image to fill the entire panel frame and then the anamorphic lens stretches it horizontally to fill the full 2.35 aspect ratio of the screen.

Edited by Lawrage