How To Stop Autoplay Of Media & Legacy Browsing

Heckler

Heckler

Something new in the latest build... which is really, really annoying and I cannot find a setting to turn it off.

When playing a TV show from the web UI, it's autplaying the next episode wether I want it to or not. I have been through every setting and menu both on the server and user and cannot find a way to turn it off... I don't like it, I don't want it.

Also the legacy browsing issue within WMC classic is a huge pain... I actually like having a movies by genre in there... makes it easier to find specific types of films.

But because of the non functioning 'collections' addition, and the unwanted 'Upcoming' addition under TV shows... neither of which can simply be turned off... I've had to turn of legacy browsing to get rid of those blights.

The downside is that I also lose other things that I actually use and want... But it seems that I'm not allowed to 'choose' which I do and do not want... it's either nothing or 'you'll have what we tell you to have'

Once again this is bad design, there needs to be some one in charge of the way the UI looks that understands what good design is, and sadly that doesn't seem to be the case.

Here's another example of poor design

Accessing the metadata before used to be quick and simple, now it's quick and simple only if you want to specifically change data OR images.

here's what you used to do.

Enter item or hover... click the menu dots, click edit... change metadata.

If you forgot something, missed something... all you had to do was change it and save it once more... if you wanted to change images, you clicked the images tab and did what you needed to there... all done.

Now it like this.

Enter/Hover

click menu dots

select edit

edit data

save

forget you need to change soemthing else

repeat steps above

change

save

remember you also need to change images

repeat steps above

It's gone from a couple of clicks to get at EVERYTHING to repeating the same multiple clicks over and over again to do the same things.

The pop over UI shouldn't close until you want it too, and you should still be able to access images from it. Now I like the idea of the pop over, it should be quicker than the old way... but at the same time it's been made overly complicated instead. Which actually makes it more time consuming and harder to use.

Another poor design choice comes further down the metadata info... Under People, it used to be very easy to see clear lines between cast and crew... Now as a personal thing, I don't want crew in there... it's just additional metadata to be collected that lacks information and images... and I don't care about the crew, I just like having cast and director.. So I delete the rest and lock of the metadata for people... after all that's why the feature is there. Now it's increasingly hard to determine which is which because the lines between types has been removed and the width of the information is so wide that it's kinda hit and miss if you are going to hit the right delete icon for the person you want. Adding back those seperation lines between typeswould be more than helpful.

Edited by Heckler
  • Like 2

Happy2Play

At what menu are you clicking play?  Depending on where you are clicking play will determine if auto play is used.

Heckler

At what menu are you clicking play?  Depending on where you are clicking play will determine if auto play is used.

I'm clicking play from the next up page as I have been doing ever since it was introduced... played probably thousands of episodes that way without it ever being an issue... until this latest release.

But that shouldn't even be an issue... if I wanted autoplay... I'd turn it on/off (if there was an option) but having it FORCED on me isn't acceptable in any way.

Edited by Heckler

• 6 months later...
Diedrich

Something new in the latest build... which is really, really annoying and I cannot find a setting to turn it off.

When playing a TV show from the web UI, it's autplaying the next episode wether I want it to or not. I have been through every setting and menu both on the server and user and cannot find a way to turn it off... I don't like it, I don't want it.

Is there a setting yet to turn off autoplay?

Yes added quite a while ago in the user playback settings.

• Like 1

Did you never look for it, or did you look and were unable to locate it?

Diedrich

Did you never look for it, or did you look and were unable to locate it?

I did find it, I keep forgetting about the hidden user settings area. I was looking in the admin user settings and the admin playback settings. Edited by dvgmar