Tiamat - New Android Living Room Client

Redshirt

The app is dead. The source code is deleted. The same thing happened to tiamat, had happened the original roku app, gcw07 & tikuf made. The good news, I am fortunate enough to have the source code from grants roku app via an unnamed anonymous source. The issue is bigger than the app, it is about how third parties arent treated nicely. I can relate to this since I feel the heat occasionally when things change.

The difference is, I dont really pay attention to software licenses, and who owns the code. I just start doing my own thing, and are not part of the inner circle of developers. Tikuf, redshirt, and grant/gcw07 were in the inner circle. They posted disagreements in the developer forum (again which I cant see) and basically were told, shove off. These fellows were the original app developers. To abandon them so easily and toss them aside like chaff cut from the wheat is unfortunate. I do symphatize with them.

There is only so much a person can take before they say, "f--k it!" and go their own way. Nobody likes being told what to do, when they started this "gangsta shit". Its like telling the chef at a restaurant, your food is great, but we are replacing you. Sorry bro. Then telling customers, there is that restaurant down the street where the old chef works. Then blaming the chef for stealing, because he took some recipes from the old restaurant without giving credit.

The chef of course gets angry, and tells the sous chef. Together they pack up their shit, and leave the restaurant. Now, months later, people see how good their food really was. They want a taste. Well its too late, sirs. The food was good, then. What this new chef has created isnt as tasty and leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Thats the way it goes.

@@CBers is correct. Just because he saved part of the entree of the old chefs, doesnt give him the ability to own the receipe and distribute meals. The original chefs wanted it to vanish. Going against their wishes would be a dick move.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

Thanks for your thoughts:)

Thats the reality, sir. You think this is just my thoughts? How naive are you?

It's your reality, please FFS stop being such a asshole, I was actually trying to be nice

My reality? Jesus christ my man. How am I being an asshole.

I am explain why you cannot have the app. Why is this thread not closed? I dont understand your sarcasm. Truth is emby killed tiamat. Emby chased off grant/gcw07, redshirt, and tikuf. Even went so far as delete their last few posts so people couldnt see their point of view. Now this is okay, whatever.. sweep it under the rug so it isnt widely known. I still chat to those guys, they are never ever coming back. To pretend they are, and then take their property and share it like it is your own. You guys are just as bad. Let the app die, let this thread get locked. Thats the most appropriate thing to do.

MSattler

It's your reality, please FFS stop being such a asshole, I was actually trying to be nice

How is he being an asshole by simply stating what really happened?

You been drinking the kool-aid again? =)

Edited by MSattler

Vidman

Actually I have the app and as I didn't want to step on anyone's toes or make a "dick move" I asked if anyone knew if it was OK to distribute or not. Not all of your post was relating facts, there were also personal opinions which may be your truths but not universal truths. I apologise if your post was not meant to be condescending

MSattler

Actually I have the app and as I didn't want to step on anyone's toes or make a "dick move" I asked if anyone knew if it was OK to distribute or not. Not all of your post was relating facts, there were also personal opinions which may be your truths but not universal truths. I apologise if your post was not meant to be condescending

I disagree, considering that everything he stated was stated by both developers in the Tiamat forums, it's truth, not hearsay or his thoughts.  When it comes right down to it, TiaMat still works better than any of the official Emby clients, and yet those developers walked.  There is truth in this story, and that truth will help eventually lead Emby to it's destined fate.

Release the Kraken I say!

Edited by MSattler
  • Like 1

Vidman

How is he being an asshole by simply stating what really happened?

You been drinking the kool-aid again? =)

That quote was meant for the reply to my post, not the story

Vidman

. Just because he saved part of the entree of the old chefs, doesnt give him the ability to own the receipe and distribute meals. The original chefs wanted it to vanish. Going against their wishes would be a dick move.

This is opinion , not fact

MSattler

This is opinion , not fact

Because you say so?

This was all written out on the TiaMat forums.   The original author deleted the source so that no one else could rip off his code, and he didn't want the app distributed.   His words, not mine, not yours, his words.

MSattler

TIAMAT, GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!

DOWN WITH THE KING, THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE KING, THE KING OF THE NORTH!!!!

• Like 1

I have thick skin. It is okay to show some emotion. Calling me an asshole was just that. It was meant to bring me back to the present reality. I understand that now. What happened then, hopefully never happens again. I was just trying to educate others that everything isnt as it seems.

Underneath that beautiful persian rug, could be many secrets swept underneath. Keeping an even playfield means honesty. I am sure tikuf and redshirt love the fact the app even in its unfinished state is better than the official apps. There is no reason not to use their app is you already have it.

Universal truth? The truth is ebr changed the license terms to make it harder to create an app without sharing source code. It was an innocent change, meant to better efforts to create apps. But it had the unintended side effect, of making it impossible for tiamat to continue development as a paid application. Ebr corrected the issue quickly and issued apologies. It was too late, tiamat devs couldnt trust it wouldnt happen again. They dismantled their project and tiamat was scrubbed from the web. This is unfortunate official truth.

Vidman, lets be friends. I have baked you a cake. The cake is not a lie.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

shorty1483

To pretend they are, and then take their property and share it like it is your own. You guys are just as bad.

They have still accounts in this forum. Lucky you that you know everything from behind the scenes and know from chats they never come back. I did not know exactly.

From users not knowing everything they just got praised for their excellent work. Another users said the only that the only ones releasing the last beta can be the devs. So this is clear.

But in one point I'm with you, now that you made clear that this thing has definitely come to an end forever. Let the Mods close the thread.

gesendet von meinem Galaxy Tab S2 LTE

Edited by shorty1483

Vidman

TIAMAT, GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!

DOWN WITH THE KING, THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE KING, THE KING OF THE NORTH!!!!

Now who's been drinking the kool aid? ;)

Okay, lets sweep that back under the rug...

Off-topic... lets talk about those olympics. Omg, Ryan Lochte is an idiot. Embellishing stories when speaking to your mother is not advised.

• Like 2

shorty1483

Okay, lets sweep that back under the rug...

Off-topic... lets talk about those olympics. Omg, Ryan Lochte is an idiot. Embellishing stories when speaking to your mother is not advised.

[emoji16] made my day yesterday

https://vice-images.vice.com/images/articles/meta/2016/08/16/olympia-hochspringer-durch-eigenen-penis-sabotiert-hiroki-ogita-1471358823.png?resize=*:*&output-quality=75

gesendet von meinem Galaxy Tab S2 LTE

Edited by shorty1483