Live tv multiple audio tracks not selectable

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Hi, t.andre has very kindly implemented ffprobe on the Dvblink live tv plug in, but in the android TV app I see the below

b31d12b9d020c4c1717ae624e68904bc.jpg

Both tracks are shown but neither are selectable. Unfortunately it also starts with the nar audio track which is the audio described track for the deaf.

It works properly in the Web client and in the new theatre app. In the android mobile app a radio button is shown and you appear to be able to make a change but nothing happens, it also starts with the nar track but says it's playing eng.

Let me know what logs you would like, thanks

Spaceboy

Well as you can see there is no check mark next to either audio track and despite choosing the eng track it carries on playing the nar track and no check mark appears. Switching audio tracks works fine with movies

Spaceboy

Hi ebr, really keen to be able to watch live TV on the np, is there any chance you could take a look at this? Thanks!

Spaceboy

Unfortunately its not good. Now everything is played on the internal player and I have to have audio set to compatible or no sound, the video is really jerky. Live tv also all played internally no audio selection available at all. Having to watch a very jerky walking dead at the moment, also not going down well its the misuss, I'll investigate more later

Spaceboy

ok, had more time to look into it. its a nexus player and i got an additional update today, now on 1.1.60g. the main problem seems to be that support for vlc has gone and now everything is played internally. its why i need to change the audio output and why everything transcodes is mis-sized and jerky.

i can tell you more about what happens with each media type but it all comes down to vlc not being there.

i was previously suffering from this http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32135-guide-not-loading/ aswell but it seems fixed now.

ok, had more time to look into it. its a nexus player and i got an additional update today, now on 1.1.60g. the main problem seems to be that support for vlc has gone and now everything is played internally. its why i need to change the audio output and why everything transcodes is mis-sized and jerky.

i can tell you more about what happens with each media type but it all comes down to vlc not being there.

We need to look deeper because that really shouldn't be the case.  The new playback we are using direct streams Live TV better than VLC with Dolby Digital and faster tuning to the channel.

Spaceboy

We need to look deeper because that really shouldn't be the case.  The new playback we are using direct streams Live TV better than VLC with Dolby Digital and faster tuning to the channel.

i'm not just talking about live tv. let me give you some detail. hd recorded tv works fine, its trasncoded using the internal player but its a nice picture, i guess its transcoding due to the ac3 dd+ audio track but its good. you can't skip, the recording just restarts from the beginning. sd recorded tv plays ok but the picture takes up the middle vertical strip of the tv but nothing on either side, so a wrong aspect ratio

live tv, hd channels dont start at all. sd channels start fine, decent picture correct aspect ratio but no sound. as before i can see both audio tracks, neither is checked and if i try to chack one it tells me it cannot play this format, the video pauses and endless spinning circle.

with media with a dts soundtrack it plays fine but no sound.  there is no option to change audio tracks but subs work ok. weirdly i just found that if i turn the subs on the audio starts! but still no option to change. turn subs off and the audio goes. same for anything with a dd+ 2.0 audio track, mp3 and aac work fine.

i'm not just talking about live tv. let me give you some detail. hd recorded tv works fine, its trasncoded using the internal player but its a nice picture, i guess its transcoding due to the ac3 dd+ audio track but its good. you can't skip, the recording just restarts from the beginning. sd recorded tv plays ok but the picture takes up the middle vertical strip of the tv but nothing on either side, so a wrong aspect ratio

live tv, hd channels dont start at all. sd channels start fine, decent picture correct aspect ratio but no sound. as before i can see both audio tracks, neither is checked and if i try to chack one it tells me it cannot play this format, the video pauses and endless spinning circle.

with media with a dts soundtrack it plays fine but no sound.  there is no option to change audio tracks but subs work ok. weirdly i just found that if i turn the subs on the audio starts! but still no option to change. turn subs off and the audio goes. same for anything with a dd+ 2.0 audio track, mp3 and aac work fine.

Does anyone else have anything like that experience?

None of that happens for me.  You are positive you are on .60 and you cannot seek in transcoded items?

Recorded TV is transcoding because of the .ts format.  That format is not directly seekable so we transcode it so that it will be.

pünktchen

None of that happens for me. You are positive you are on .60 and you cannot seek in transcoded items?

Recorded TV is transcoding because of the .ts format. That format is not directly seekable so we transcode it so that it will be.

Haven't checked recordings yet, but live tv direct plays for me now without any stutter on the FTV Stick.

Even 1080i plays flawlessly! I can confirm what @@Spaceboy says about the audio selection: nothing is checked and when i try to change the track nothing happens.

Btw. Amazon reports a 60 version of the app, the web dashboard still reports 45.

Edited by pünktchen

Spaceboy

None of that happens for me.  You are positive you are on .60 and you cannot seek in transcoded items?

Recorded TV is transcoding because of the .ts format.  That format is not directly seekable so we transcode it so that it will be.

100% positive i'm on .60g i don't believe i was able to seek recorded tv (not transcoded items) even when it was direct playing through vlc. pretty sure i made posts to that effect before but my primary issue was the wrong audio track at that point

pünktchen

I don't have a NexusPlayer, only a AFTV Stick - so there are probably differences. But here are my findings.

Live TV:

All direct playing no, matter what resolution, no matter if multichannel ac3 or only stereo.

Cannot change audio stream, the checkboxes don't show any checkmark.

Subtitle stream selectable but playback error. (works in browser)

Recordings:

Direct plays only if audio stream is mp2, transcodes if audio is ac3 (multichannel or stereo)

Changing audio stream works with direct play and transcoding.

Subtitle stream selectable and working.

Seeking works with direct play and transcoding.

Spaceboy

i can't find an option to transcode DD anywhere

not sure that using the fire tv as a comparison helps? my fire tv is on .58g and is still using vlc

Edited by Spaceboy

pünktchen

If i select "Use default audio track regardless of language" in the user playback settings of web dashboard, i get the checkmarks to select audio in the AndroidTV app. But unfortunately live tv is transcoding then!

Recordings:

Direct plays only if audio stream is mp2, transcodes if audio is ac3 (multichannel or stereo)

Do you have the option I mentioned above selected?  The one that tells it to transcode Dolby Digital?

i can't find an option to transcode DD anywhere

Yeah, sorry, its only available on the Fire.

I have no idea why your Live TV streams are having so much trouble.  It has to be something about the streams.  The fact they won't play either direct or transcoded though really leaves us with not a lot of options.

It looks like the mp3 audio transcoding I mentioned before that was being done by the mobile app was a bug though.  Does the mobile app still work with a newer beta version of it?  Of course, it is still using VLC too...

pünktchen

Do you have the option I mentioned above selected? The one that tells it to transcode Dolby Digital?

I also cannot find this option.

The strange thing is the app settings page shows version 1.1.49a and has all the old vlc settings,

but the Amazon info page says version 1.1.60a and has the big test banner.