Whats needed whats not - MB3 & XBMC?

Z0m8ie
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I'd like to know what image files are needed and what's not needed for a MB3 & XBMC compatible TV series folder to work. Reason I ask is because  I have found that alot of posters/banner/fanart are just duplicates but with different conventions. For example one fo my Series folders looks like this:

/TV Archive

/BlackAdder

/BlackAdder Season 1 (Folder)

/BlackAdder Season 2 (Folder)

/BlackAdder Season 3 (Folder)

/BlackAdder Season 4 (Folder)

/extrafanart (Folder)

/specials (Folder)

/banner.jpg

/clearart.png

/fanart.jpg

/folder.jpg

/logo.png

/season01-poster.jpg

/season02-poster.jpg

/season03-poster.jpg

/season04-poster.jpg

/season-all-fanart.jpg

/season-all-poster.jpg

/season-specials-poster.jpg

/season-all-banner.jpg

Season01-posters.jpg to Season04 & season-spcials-poster.jpg are just repeats of "folder.jpg" which I have within each season folder. Which should I go with for best compatibility?. Again I have season-all-banner.jpg which is repeated as "banner.jpg" and "folder.jpg" as "season-all-poster.jpg". 

Also, is it possible to have all posters/banners/clearart/logos etc stored in a seperate folder within each movie/tv folder?

I am relatively new to all this so I would appreciate any help or suggetions - Thanks

I'm not 100% sure of this because I don't use XBMC, but I wouldn't be surprised that the season folder images are supposed to be duplicated. MB3 uses the ones in the folder. With the different way XBMC loads images, I wouldn't be surprised if it loads it from the base folder of the series. So while they are duplicates, that may be intended. Someone with actual MB3/XBMC will have to either confirm or deny that is the case.

• Solution

In the case of TV you want the season- images, not the ones in the season folders. No there is no option to put all images in a sub folder.

• Like 1

I'm not 100% sure of this because I don't use XBMC, but I wouldn't be surprised that the season folder images are supposed to be duplicated. MB3 uses the ones in the folder. With the different way XBMC loads images, I wouldn't be surprised if it loads it from the base folder of the series. So while they are duplicates, that may be intended. Someone with actual MB3/XBMC will have to either confirm or deny that is the case.

Actually we can use either. I don't think all that duplication came from us. If it did theres a problem

In the case of TV you want the season- images, not the ones in the season folders. No there is no option to put all images in a sub folder.

Thanks for the quick reply Luke, looking through the kinda wiki thing you got going on I found this:

TV Seasons (in addition to above):

• seasonXX-fanart.ext (in series folder)
  • season-specials-fanart.ext (in series folder)

Just as you had posted :)

I dont think all duplications came from MB side either. One thing whcih would be nice though is both platforms to just agree on a set naming convention, were talking about the two most poplular media platforms so why not just consolidate. Ideally a folder within each TV/Movie folder to store all the artwork etc would be great. At the end of the day its upto the developers to decide.