Recording live TV

mc2000

I must have a setting wrong somewhere, but cannot seem to latch onto it.  I have 2 HDhome runs, each connected to a different antenna pointed different directions.  I am scheduling shows and checking all new, record anytime, all channels.  The recording starts and I have 2 listings under recorded tv, n the guide when active, it shows recording on both channels.  In the server under live TV 1 tuner in each home run is recording.  However there is only 1 recoding written to disk and although there are 2 selections in recoded shows and each shows the proper channel they are each mapped to the same file on disk.  What am I overlooking?

Bump....

Any thoughts on this?  I am on the fringe between 2 different cites.  At times on or the other does not come in properly due to atmospheric fade.  Hence I record shows on all channels in case 1 happens to not be good that day.

currently emby server will merge the channel lists from both so we don't yet support multiple tuners with different lineups. until we support that it's hard to really comment on this.

Thanks Luke.  I fixed my reception problems by modifying an antenna and all channels work perfect now so it is not as important as before.  If anyone wants advice on high gain antennas just ask I can point you the right direction.  I am an RF engineer by trade.

Luke- could you review my setup below and comment?

I have the latest Emby, and 4 HDhome run extend boxes.  I have 2 extends connected to a west antenna and 2 connected to an east antenna.  Both receive different channels.  When I set them up I did east 1st, selected the good channels by setting them as favorites in HD homerun config, then added them to Emby by checking add favorites only.  (if you don't add favorites only HDhome run keeps finding additional weak channels as atmospheric conditions change, once HD homerun sees a new channel emby picks it up automatically- but it most likely is not a reliable channel.

Testing the 2 east homeruns worked perfectly, 4 shows playing simultaneously.

I then repeated the process with the 2 west homeruns, added them emby the same way.  Testing was perfect, guide data merged and shows east and west.  When selecting an east channel an east home run goes watching, same with west.  Just works perfectly and elegantly.

I am noticing 3 things that I am still trying to better understand:

I get a lot of "no available Tuner" messages- but emby server might only report 1 or 2 in use.  Do I have too many HDhomeruns?

Seemed repeatable last night- watching 2-3 shows, selecting another on a different device halts one in progress.  Restart the halted one and the other halts.

Lastly, it seems that some live tv transcodes and some don't.  I assumed live or recorded would be the exact same streams coming from the antenna, but maybe different resolutions cause this?  My emby server is an intel NUC Core I7, 16GB ram, 512 SSD and reading/writing to a fast NAS box.  If the server transcodes the processor hits 100% at times with 2 ffmpegs running.

Thanks!