Glitches with the Latest Release

dcrdev

dcrdev

I had the 1.x version of the add-on pretty much working flawlessly, a couple of days ago Kodi auto updated to the latest version of the add-on and sicne I've been experiencing quite a few glitches.

These are:

1. When playing music I'm experiencing a lot of random 'pop' sounds.
  2. Stopping a music track or video results in Kodi freezing for a couple of seconds.
  3. Kodi does not automatically update the library when new  media is added to the backend Emby server.
  4. Sometimes when stopping playback I get a "manual sync" box appear.

I was wondering if anyone else is having these issues? At the moment it's pretty much unusable for me to due to the frequent locking up of Kodi. 

Angelblue05

I would maybe do a reset and wipe your emby info when it asks. Start from scratch, let me know if you experience the issues afterward. 

dcrdev

I'll try the beta tonight - I managed to sort the issue around the library not updating by installing the fast server sync plugin.

The other issues remain though.

Angelblue05

Start fresh, wipe your emby settings when you reset your local database. Go thru the initial set up, let me know if you still face the issue. Thanks. Working with a clean slate will help narrow down the issues (if any)

dcrdev

So I tried again this morning, this time removing the plugin and then removing my entire kodi profile directory. On a fresh set up I am still experiencing freezing issues.

The freezing issues are largely happening during playback of music, but are also occasionally happening when a video stops playback.

Angelblue05

In your OP, is #1 still happening? Can you post your Kodi log for the freezing? I don't see what could be the issue really. Thanks.

dcrdev

I've now updated to Kodi 16 and am using direct paths instead. So far now issues - I'll let you know if I encounter any.

• Like 1