Windows 10 taskbar displayed in front of any video

dedite

Koleckai Silvestri

I haven't seen this problem in the new app while in fullscreen mode. However, I have my taskbar at the top of my monitors. I am not sure if position matters or not.

Harblar

It mainly happens after the screen/display has been off or on a different source.  The only fix (other than auto hide) is to click on the restore icon (upper right side of screen next to shutdown X) a couple of times. It forces Emby Theater to go to windowed mode and then back to a "true" full screen.

• Like 1

It mainly happens after the screen/display has been off or on a different source.  The only fix (other than auto hide) is to click on the restore icon (upper right side of screen next to shutdown X) a couple of times. It forces Emby Theater to go to windowed mode and then back to a "true" full screen.

This I can confirm. For example - after turning my receiver off and then back on (hdmi display runs through receiver), then I see the taskbar.

Is anyone seeing the taskbar in any other situation besides this?

scottd34

This I can confirm. For example - after turning my receiver off and then back on (hdmi display runs through receiver), then I see the taskbar.

Is anyone seeing the taskbar in any other situation besides this?

I also see this exact situation if I am lucky enough for my tv to even show an image without having to reboot. Running win 7.

Edited by scottd34

Jobber8742

I've been seeing this too but only on one machine. Installed Theater on 5 different machines to test it out. The one that is acting up is the same machine as the server is on. Doubt that matters, but thought I'd note it. I've abandoned Theater on this machine for the time being and just use Emby for WMC.

• 5 years later...
embyfan111

I have the same issue, Win 10, emby desktop, the Taskbar remains visible. I don't like auto hide the taskbar, basically I have to switch this feature on and off each time I use Emby Theatre. Any better fix? I can't understand how this is sitll not solved, 5 years later... this is the only video playing app I use that cannot hide the taskbar....

I do not get this issue unless I hit the Windows Key, or only use it maximized.. Both full-screen options ( EMBY and Edge ) work fine.. using the new BETA.

EDIT: This is on WebUI, in my case.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, embyfan111 said:

I have the same issue, Win 10, emby desktop, the Taskbar remains visible. I don't like auto hide the taskbar, basically I have to switch this feature on and off each time I use Emby Theatre. Any better fix? I can't understand how this is sitll not solved, 5 years later... this is the only video playing app I use that cannot hide the taskbar....

Hi, what version of the app are you running?

Getumzz

I have the same issue every time I open Emby. I have to double click on the top to go to "window mode" then double click again to full screen, close emby and then reopen it.
And as soon as I close it and reopen it later it's back with showing the task bar on launch.

I'm using ET 3.0.15