[FR] Live TV Padding Field Value

Erik

Just a quick request.

Can the padding numbers be made so the field accepts not whole numbers? I find i only need about 10 seconds of padding at the start and if i use an entire minute (which is the lowest i can select now) then i quite often end up with the ending (spoiler) of a previous show that i also record.

So if I could input 0.5 or 0.3 into the field that would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Update:

I searched around a bit and found i could change the Pre/Post padding in the LiveTv Config file for emby and the field is actually using seconds, which is perfect. So it looks like its just a entry field restriction in the web browser.

So @@Luke maybe not my decimal point idea, but could it be changed to just seconds of pre/post padding in the web browser maybe?

Thanks!

Erik

i had it much more granular back when we first introduced live tv and the feedback was that we didn't need it. at this point we've made it this far with nobody requesting a change until now so i might be inclined to stay with the nice and easy whole minute numbers. What does windows media center do?

Not sure, I don't use WMC and a quick google lookup didn't really say. I use the padding as I often miss the first few seconds of a show, but at a minute long, as I said I also get the ending spoilers from the previous show.

Maybe my first idea is better then as you can leave it just as is, but if it accepted 0.5 minutes then that would resolve my issue with it.

However, if you just want to leave it as is I completely understand, can you just confirm for me that changing the pre/post padding fields in the LiveTv xml file is where the trigger will get its padding timing from and it's not internal somewhere else? As of course the admin web interface still shows 1 Min.

Thanks

@@Luke

Just noticed that when setting a recording from the guide interface (web browser) I can Actually input a fraction of a minute using a decimal.

EDIT: Only happens with Safari on iPhone forgot to say...

So either way you decide one needs to be changed for consitancy.

Thanks again, the live TV is working great!

Edited by Erik