Transcoding Monitor

anderbytes
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

anderbytes

Is it possible to create another panel in Dashboard, where we could monitor transcodings in progress?

Would be very helpful to understand whether is your Emby transcoding, for which media, for which reason (if possible), and for which user. Maybe some CPU % data, threads in use, etc...etc...

• Like 11

Happy2Play

Active devices in the dashboard already shows half of what you are asking.

56c6440c19067_transcode.jpg

• Like 2

anderbytes

Active devices in the dashboard already shows half of what you are asking.

56c6440c19067_transcode.jpg

Very good. Haven't noticed and concluded there wasn't any.

Still... If the reason of why it is being transcoded could be shown, it would be too nice.

Happy2Play

That example is Chrome don't support ac3, so if I play the same movie in Edge it would direct play.  It is more about knowing your device capabilities.

anderbytes

That example is Chrome don't support ac3, so if I play the same movie in Edge it would direct play. It is more about knowing your device capabilities.

Indeed

Just a side note, because you have to "hover over" the media to get those details it doesn't work from mobile devices like iPhone for example.

• Like 1

anderbytes

Just a side note, because you have to "hover over" the media to get those details it doesn't work from mobile devices like iPhone for example.

Also... I couldn`t detect that transcode info when transcoding via DLNA...

• 4 months later...
shorty1483

I want to push up this existing thread. Some time ago, the behaviour of the active devices monitor changed and the the hover action is gone. To check the actual rates of transcoding i have to go into the logs.

So I want to request a new implemention, in best case without the need of hovering over the picture. I made a simple Mockup with the existing data straight out of the transcode log.

And don't forget to vote for this thread if such a feature is desired.

578646eb86e07_Unbenannt.jpg

• Like 10

bfir3

I want to push up this existing thread. Some time ago, the behaviour of the active devices monitor changed and the the hover action is gone. To check the actual rates of transcoding i have to go into the logs.

So I want to request a new implemention, in best case without the need of hovering over the picture. I made a simple Mockup with the existing data straight out of the transcode log.

And don't forget to vote for this thread if such a feature is desired.

578646eb86e07_Unbenannt.jpg

Good call, I like the idea.

Spaceboy

Actually I prefer it the way it is. The hover actions never worked on a laptop with touch screen

shorty1483

Actually I prefer it the way it is. The hover actions never worked on a laptop with touch screen

;) Good point.  Thats why I wrote "in best case without the need of hovering over the picture".

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Magic815

+1 to having the extra information appear on the device monitor. I also agree that this info should be permanently place over the icon, as hovering is difficult with touch screen devices. What shorty1483 is showing in his mockup would be perfect.

MrWebsmith

yea i noticed this today.. i like it.. hopefully will also assist in troubleshooting issues here on the forum

anderbytes

Awesome! Gonna give it a try. Thanks for hearing our requests

• 3 weeks later...
shorty1483

@Luke 

Just outta interest, does the transcoding monitor show the overall calculated bitrate for a movie by ffmpeg before stream begins or the live bitrate for the moment the monitor is actualized?