can't play since new update - playlist error

ThaDraGun
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

ThaDraGun

Kodi: 15.2

Emby Addon: 2.2.0

Server: 3.0.5871.0

I have a really hard time playing anything on Kodi anymore. Almost never works.

Usually when kodi first starts up its fine if I try a couple of videos. I start, it plays, I stop, it says compessing database (never saw that before)

after trying a couple videos it starts giving errors:

PLAYLIST
CANNOT FIND A NEXT ITEM TO PLAY

PLAYBACK FAILED
ONE OR MORE ITEMS FAILED TO PLAY. CHECK LOG...

Sometimes after trying a couple one will work, but then it will do the errors again.

if I play on DLNA Server on the TV it seems to work fine.
I have tried resetting the emby database, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the emby addon. I reset the emby settings. Not sure how to fix it.

Any Ideas?

kodi.log

BlueKachina

Same problem here. After updating the addon, I allowed it to rebuild the database (when prompted). At that point in time, I chose to keep my existing settings. Ran into this problem, so I have since then, reconfigured my settings, and 'manually' rebuilt the database. Same problem exists.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

Did you enter your network credentials? Go to the add-on settings > playback > Network credentials. Restart Kodi, try to playback. Seems like a permission issue. Kodi is unable to access the share. What is weird is that when we do a file exists check, it's able to find the file... So maybe you just need to do a Kodi restart. Let me know.

ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [smb://QNAPNAS/TV Shows/The 100/Season 1/The 100 - s01e01 - Pilot.mp4]
Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

ThaDraGun

I didnt enter my network credentials because before I never had to. It always worked perfectly before the update.

So I entered in the credentials for QNAPNAS. Im guessing thats what it wanted. Same thing happens.

What I dont understand, if it is a password problem then why do some work, then i try another and it doesnt work, I go to one that worked and now it doesnt work anymore...

attached a new log

kodi.log

Edited by ThaDraGun

Angelblue05

Kodi is giving the error when trying to open the file. Not the emby add-on.

Is this valid? Are you able to reach the file with the following? What is weird is the add-on says the path is valid. But when Kodi goes to open it, there's an error.

smb://QNAPNAS/TV Shows/Lucifer/Season 1/Lucifer - s01e01 - Pilot.mp4
18:30:33 T:7496   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [smb://QNAPNAS/TV Shows/Lucifer/Season 1/Lucifer - s01e01 - Pilot.mp4]

Try doing a reset, see if it helps? But the error lies somewhere with Kodi opening your files. The add-on's job is to provide the path to the player, so really there's nothing we can do here. I thought it was a permission issue, maybe you have missing permissions on specific folders? No idea at this time... 

And because it's a playlist, Kodi will try file after file.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Try removing any credentials in passwords.xml, since you don't need any you say. We'll need you to enable the Kodi debug to have more information and post a new log. Thanks

ThaDraGun

Try removing any credentials in passwords.xml, since you don't need any you say. We'll need you to enable the Kodi debug to have more information and post a new log. Thanks

where is the passwords.xml? I looked in the plugin.video.emby folder and didnt see it. 

I dont think its a permissions issue at all. Just because sometimes a video will work, then I try it again and the same one wont work. If it was a permissions issue then it wouldnt work every time.

I turned on kodi debug. Didnt change passwords.xml yet tho.

kodi.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Hmmm....

15:37:45 T:7244   DEBUG: CFileCache::Open - opening <TV Shows/Lucifer/Season 1/Lucifer - s01e02 - Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil.mp4> using cache
15:37:45 T:7244   ERROR: CFileCache::Open - failed to open cache
15:37:45 T:7244   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [smb://QNAPNAS/TV Shows/Lucifer/Season 1/Lucifer - s01e02 - Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil.mp4]
  • Like 1

• Solution
Angelblue05

Try changing the cache value in your advancedsettings.xml 

Currently it's set to: <cachemembuffersize>419430400</cachemembuffersize>

Try setting it to zero for testing. Let me know if it resolves your issue.

• Like 1

ThaDraGun

Try changing the cache value in your advancedsettings.xml 

Currently it's set to: <cachemembuffersize>419430400</cachemembuffersize>

Try setting it to zero for testing. Let me know if it resolves your issue.

Thanks that fixed it. I watched a youtube video and it said to set that to get better buffer.

Whats weird is that I did it a week and a half ago and it was working fine. Glad it works now :)