Duplicate Media/Films Feature

nasman

Hi!

Have been using and following emby for a number of years now. I think it would be great if there was a "Find Duplicate Media" function which would show possible duplicates and allow you to pick the one that you wish to keep and delete any other duplicate(s).

This would be great when you are upgrading your library from DVD to Blueray's of your favorite films.

Let me know what you think?

Nas

• Like 7

Sort by name...?

That doesn't really work if media lies across different folders, we need something that simply identifies duplicate media in the same way that iTunes does this for music across albums?

That doesn't really work if media lies across different folders, we need something that simply identifies duplicate media in the same way that iTunes does this for music across albums?

Can't you do that within the reports section?

Just to say - I used Reports to show duplicates by ordering by name... Very useful deleted a ton of duplicates, but would be good if there was a filter to make it easier!

Thanks Anway!

Happy2Play

How do you access the reports?

Click the pop-out menu in top left corner.

56ce3350f0561_menu.jpg

anderbytes

Wow, I feel stupid. Thanks

Instead, think that all feedback is valid. Even this one.

Maybe the devs will understand the "Reports" button is not placed on an easily visible place... Who knows?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
psybertech

+1 for duplicate finder/handler

Reports are great and all, but require a lot more work.

Plex has this right and the only reason right now that I still have Plex running. I know... maybe odd and unique, but for me, it helps a lot as I upgrade my media.

I try to stay on top and delete when I add, but sometimes I miss things. Plex's duplicates view and subsequent ability to remove the individual files rocks.

With Plex, its just click my movies library, then duplicates, get info and delete the one I don't want.

As opposed to... server manager... reports... then figure out the sorting/filtering... then scroll, look, find and then open file explorer for the OS, browse and then delete.

Its just simpler with an ability to delete duplicates shown via the UI.

Sorry for the Plex-compare.

J

Edited by psybertech
  • Like 1

Pelon

For me the issue with reports, is that the movies report takes a collection as a single entry. Maybe an option in the report like in TV, were we can display the series or the episodes.

PenkethBoy

as a work around - if you briefly turn off the collections option

go to reports - run the movie report - you will see all movies - apart from the multi resolution movies which are still listed only once

when finished go back and turn collections on again

or

enable > library>display>display collections view and the reports do not show collections for movies

you can hide in user options if you dont want to see on your home screen

• Like 1

Pelon

as a work around - if you briefly turn off the collections option

go to reports - run the movie report - you will see all movies - apart from the multi resolution movies which are still listed only once

when finished go back and turn collections on again

or

enable > library>display>display collections view and the reports do not show collections for movies

you can hide in user options if you dont want to see on your home screen

Excellent suggestion. It took 1 second to disable collections. I ran the report, downloaded it to excel, and re-enabled collections.

Having this in excel allows to check if the movie is a real duplicate.

• 8 months later...
teddybear75

Click the pop-out menu in top left corner.

56ce3350f0561_menu.jpg

I cant see reports:

5c4087d989110_blahblah.png

Anyone know if it has relocated?

Edit: Nevermind found it, i had to install the plugin of course :)

Edited by teddybear75

I still use Plex for this myself and really like being able to filter a library by duplicates!