Possible to have multiple emby servers?

crispyman

crispyman

Hi everyone, 

is it possible to have multiple emby servers connected with the emby kodi plugin? 

I have a local emby server at my house and i want to connect to a friends emby server. Is that possible?

Thanks for your help,

crispyman

Angelblue05

Yes it is possible if you use multiple Kodi profiles. One profile that's connected to your local emby server, and another Kodi profile for the remote server.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm also looking for this option. 

Can we create a feature request?

Or are multiple servers never be possible?

Regards,

Lok1

Angelblue05

It's not possible. At least not at this time. Maybe in the future with emby connect. It is something I keep in mind, but it's not a priority. It's just much easier to use Kodi profiles.

xnappo

I would like to see it as a server feature where you can add content from another server.

• Like 2

breezytm

It would like to see this done at the addon side. Just an folder calls remote libraries and when I click on remote libraries I see each libraries as a separate folder so to speak. I am sure you guys can do that now. 

If this is a little confusing. All I want is the same thing as if i click on the addon and select "Channels". Inside of channels I personally have trailers, vevo and iptv. Think of trailers, vev, etc...as being being the server name for each shared libraries.  

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It would like to see this done at the addon side. Just an folder calls remote libraries and when I click on remote libraries I see each libraries as a separate folder so to speak. I am sure you guys can do that now. 

If this is a little confusing. All I want is the same thing as if i click on the addon and select "Channels". Inside of channels I personally have trailers, vevo and iptv. Think of trailers, vev, etc...as being being the server name for each shared libraries.  

This is not a bad idea. It would allow for a clean separation, without having to deal with maintaining the library. Maybe in the future. Maybe something with emby connect? Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

breezytm

Great. Hopefully one of the kodi skin devs can leverage this by creating a link on home screen calls "Remote" and that would allow us to go directly to that folder in the addon rather than browse Videos > Video add-ons > Emby > Remote Libraries. If not then I'll just create the link myself  :D

• Like 1