Incorrect Folder Behavior

Skybolt

I originally poste this question Here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/3128-starange-folder-behavior/ but was told it was like another issue and directed there.

Then I post a question about paths here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/3141-edit-folder-paths/?p=51169 and was told to post this issue back here properly, so here goes:

Some folders which are discovered that also contain sub folders are being treated as if it were a single movie folder. All sub folders are being ignored, and the main folder is being treated as if it were a single movie folder.In other words one main parent folder acts like a single movie, and does not display the other 30+ folders.

The attached shows this parent folder, which MB3C thinks is a single movie (HISTORY OF THE WOLRD PART 1). Any of the non-camel case dirs are parent folders.

post-1639-0-61201400-1387481197_thumb.png

Edited by Skybolt

let's forget about MBC or any other standalone client right now and just focus on the web client. please post screenshots of what you see there, as well as screenshots of the contents of some of those folders

Well I guess I spoke too soon, sorry.
These videos where moved out of the recorded tv drive into the network share.

This folder shows up as one video:

post-1639-0-38518800-1388154734_thumb.png 

And this one shows up as it should.

post-1639-0-40145600-1388154777_thumb.png

Any Ideas? Need more info?

Thanks,

Skybolt

... If you use the TV shows collection type it shouldn't happen

How exactly do I change the type? I couldn't find that in the help. Sorry.

Thanks,

Skybolt

... It conflicts with the naming for multi-file movies. (Blame the users who demanded that feature :)) ...

I can understand the movie file thing, I guess ... But shouldn't that only be when they are in a video_ts folder? Or is that for any fold designated as a movie? Personaly I would have enforced the video_ts folder only for that, so the rest of the TV files for a season could be easily handled. I mean this is how WMC works isn't it?

So if I renamed the files them selves that would fix the issue? What are the naming constaints?

No because some users will do

300 Part 1.mkv

300 Part 2.mkv

You could rename the files but it might be tricky to avoid colliding with multi-file conventions.

Another trick you can try, if the folder has a series.xml file, then they won't be resolved as movies. Try creating a series.xml file with just this as the contents:

Then run a library scan.

No because some users will do

300 Part 1.mkv

300 Part 2.mkv

I wasn't thinking of that, now I get it. Makes sense.

I will try what you suggested, if not I will reorder the dir's. Not the end of the world..

Thanks for such a great peice of software and the great support. :)

Edited by Skybolt

Its colliding with conventions for multi file movies. If you use the TV shows collection type it shouldn't happen

Thanks for the quick replys.

But do I really have to move folders around to acomplish this? Is that what is needed to fix this or did I misunderstand it?

Thanks,

Skybolt

The button to change type states you have to remove the current folder then re-add it to change the type, but not all of that share is for tv ...

So in order to change the collection type from Movie, I will have to re-order my shares.

Edited by Skybolt

Understood. I'm not exactly sure what I can tell you then. It conflicts with the naming for multi-file movies. (Blame the users who demanded that feature :))

My suggest would be to just pull that one show out and into a tv area.