blank screen

WhiteGuyTranslating

WhiteGuyTranslating

So I've been struggling with this all night and I have to ask for help. Emby for WMC locks up WMC with a blackish-gray screen. Not quite black like a no video card issue but not light enough gray to look like the user splash screen for emby. I'll attach the emc logs to see if you can make any sense of it. I've rolled back with windows restore to no avail. I've also uninstalled and removed the emby program data folder and it still behaves the same. not sure if this is a video card issue, as drivers are up to date and live tv is fine, along with other wmc programs. My only thought is something got really really corrupted via windows update that emby needs that would not be uninstalled or reinstalled when I removed/reinstalled emby.

Thoughts?

MBClassic-162201630a0d719f1cb4804802751d0227dbd0b.log

MBClassic-Msi.log

It should be showing you the login with Connect screen (that's what the log says it is displaying) because it was unable to connect to the server address it was configured to and unable to locate a server running on the network.

There is also an error trying to access a file that should be there.

Make sure that no virus-protection software interfered with the installation and also make sure the firewall on the server is allowing traffic through.

Not positive it is related but you also have an access error on the same file location as the OP.

Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Cache\playstate\FastLoad' is denied.

Is your server running and not blocked by a firewall?

realbenny

Hi,

Similar problem here for me. Only Im getting the blue background screen of WMC right after startup.

I tried to setup Emby for WMC, he is showing me the PIN screen, but after the PIN was verified he goes to the blank blue WMC screen doing nothing, even when left alone for any amount of time.

Odd thing, when I enter the server address manually I can get to the server and see the other guys I share the folder with, however when ever I try to log in he is telling me I have the wrong User Name or password. I dont see myself there as a user profile.

Server Im trying to connect to right now is a remote shared one.

I tried setting these things in the config file, no luck.

Tried it out multiple times, no luck. Different settings.

Looked around on the forum and found threads pointing at Virtual Machine adapters.

Disabled and uninstalled them all, so I only had one hard wired connection. No luck.

I also disabled all antivirus and tried with no luck.

My original install is a Windows 8.1 Enterprise where I installed WMC for Windows 10.

I also tried it on a Win 8.1 VM and a fresh Win 10 VM with no luck.

Im currently installing a Win7 Pro on a VM and will see if that could get a connection.

I tried the beta and stable version of Emby.

I also looked at the file you pointed out, and set permissions but didnt change anything for me.

Running on 16:10 and other resolutions, didnt change anything.

Emby Windows out of the Appstore works, emby theatre works both with the old and new.

I have to admit I really dont know any simple solution either anymore,

so Im really hoping you can shed some light!

First time posting here, you really seem to have quite a all-encompassing forum support.

Kind Regards and thanks in advance!

MBClassic-Msi.log

Configurator-1922016cba7f1cb0e1b465eb2f2a7db3380fbb7.log

MBClassic-1622016a80c5b1f5ce2457fbf5b8b88e4a13965.log

MBClassic-1622016aa71702274b84871acf8400ae359fd43.log

MBClassic-1622016b228d295587d4e56a0d8309c8562fa09.log

MBClassic-1622016b608a3c4234748aca52ad3c377df92dd.log

MBClassic-1622016be6ba79447ce41fea2417ffb9f09f8d1.log

MBClassic-1622016f834903640794503a5432aa53a4c111e.log

MBClassic-1722016ba27a9814d50401d895299c6df621671.log

MBClassic-1722016e61c87f2dcdc43c9933e14ab2b3ad165.log

realbenny

Hey,

I tried it in windowed and other display configuration, stayed the same.

Do you think this has something to do with graphic/display settings?

Also did not make any difference on a clean Win7 installation with no antivirus.

Still the same.  Here the log for that: 

MBClassic-19220163bbd376ebeab46a8a33b51acd60b57bb.log

Kind Regards

I'm not sure what to do here.  I cannot reproduce this issue.  It looks like you guys should be going to the Connect server selection screen which is what happens for me if I bring down both my servers and bring up EMC and then go through the PIN validation.

• Like 1

201reyes

Thank you for your help, I got my issue fixed, windows firewall on my main htpc decided to block the emby app, both on the private and public side... fixed it, I am good.  I did try the steps you gave first and nothing changed, then I checked the firewall details log and bam, there it was.  thanks again

I'm glad you got up and running and that explains why you couldn't connect but not why it would end up on a blank screen...

realbenny

Hey,

you mentioning that I would need to end up on a server selection screen helped me.

I connected another emby server to my local network where I was trying to connect to a remote one before.

And then I was able to connect to that one and then 'switch server'.

That worked so thanks.  ;)

However when played anything of a remote server in WMC the quality is quite horrible.

Having remote stream set to 40Mps in settings.

Is he always transcoding, or can one change that somehow with some setting/decoder?

Regards

It will pretty much always be transcoding when remote and, unless you have a very fast connection - on both ends, both ways - 40Mb/s isn't going to work very well.

realbenny

Ok, I see how is it that Emby Theatre and Web panel are able to play remote content with high quality though?

In Emby for WMC 40 Mb/s is the highest setting for both local and remote bitrate, right?

Thanks for your answers!

It is just that this app was never designed to access or play back remote content.  We have tried to make it work for the most part but the app was originally designed when all data was immediately local to the actual machine the app was on.

Theater and the web client were designed from the ground up with remote access in mind.

You need to be lowering the bitrate values I would imagine.  What is the upload/download speed on both ends?

realbenny

Hi,

ok, I kind of guessed something like that.

Thats fine though, then I will just use Emby Theatre and will look forward to its further development!

Upload on server side ~50 Mbps and Download at home ~50 Mbps to answer the question.

But as said I will stick with Emby theatre.

Regards, thanks for the answers