Sports Collection

Could we please get a sports collection type?

Would like to build a collection that worked like

Sport

- year

-- round

---session (optional)

I would use this for the various racing series that i collect, but I could imagine that it would be useful for many other sports

I'm not sure about metadata sources, tbh I'd be happy to manage the metadata myself as a start.

• 2 months later...
themartb

+1 for this ... might be nice to have Broadcaster info too. (Sky, C4, BTSport etc)

I saw the other thread referring to TheSportsDB.com ... seems like it has potential, but the source feeds don't have session info, which I figure would need addressing on that site rather than in Emby. Wonder how one would approach that, create new events for each session? Maybe add session specific potential filenames. (shrug, a discussion for their forums really, just pondering things)

willo123

While Luke's suggestion works per se (I am using that method) it is far cry from what it could be. Particularly the following areas could be improved significantly:

1) Lack of dedicated structure means that all sorts of automation in terms of metadata management is missing and possibilities to add any form of automationwould be more cumbersome

- possibility to parse filename and pull metadata from there

- possibility to write plugin to pull metadata from external sources like TheSportsDb

2) Even if you were willing to put in the effort to populate metadata manually, lack of dedicated media type means that the end result would leave plenty of ro0om for improvement. For example there are several metadata fields that are not particularly useful for sports content. On the other hand, several metadata items that would be highly useful for sports are not available. Such fields include things like Series/Event, Season, Round etc.

- The structure described by @neilmc. works beautifully for sports like football. This structure is closer to existing TV structure than current home video structure. This structure would work reasonably well for things like football world cup

- Structure that consists of identical parts than the current TV structure but obviously with somewhat different field would be perfect for sports like Cycling stage races, motorsports etc.

- For events like Olympic Games, it gets, different type of structure might work better.

3) In all of the cases, you would benefit from the ability to define multiple url's (website) for the Item (~"Episode". In particular I would like to add:

- url for event general info (say map, profile etc for Tour de France etappe, link to TdF would obviously be set on the "Series" level )

- url for results

- url for each team (in case of football etc)

When there's a community member willing to write a sports metadata plugin, then we can look at creating a content type for it.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I don't have the skills to do either.

I have taken a look around, and I don't believe there are any good sources for that kind of Metadata. There is one called the sportsdb but I found it a little hit and miss.

I personally wouldn't care about metadata, I would chuck some basic info at the sport level and allow the directory browsing to sort itself out. If there is some sort of native thumbnail detection on content in the folders, I would probably utilised that (for example, getting an image per year).

Are content types hard to create? If it is described in an XML document somewhere, I would love to have a crack at it.

matty87a

I do this as a TV show - purely because at the time i set it up Home Videos were not yet supported in Kodi. Using the Show name as the sport/league - season as the year - episode as the week or event name -  Works fine.

Add in my own Meta if its something i intend to keep. If you include images with the right names in season/episode folder (poster.jpg etc) then it all sorts itself out.

Example:

TV Show Title: English Premier League

Season: 15  (Year)

Episode =1  (Game Week)

Title: NFL

Season: 15

Episode: 1

575eff2cd9ce4_embysport4.png

575efec44040a_embysport1.png

575efeea42afb_embysport3.png

Edited by matty87a

• 2 years later...
bretswinney

I do this as a TV show - purely because at the time i set it up Home Videos were not yet supported in Kodi. Using the Show name as the sport/league - season as the year - episode as the week or event name -  Works fine.

Add in my own Meta if its something i intend to keep. If you include images with the right names in season/episode folder (poster.jpg etc) then it all sorts itself out.

Example:

TV Show Title: English Premier League

Season: 15  (Year)

Episode =1  (Game Week)

Title: NFL

Season: 15

Episode: 1

575eff2cd9ce4_embysport4.png

575efec44040a_embysport1.png

575efeea42afb_embysport3.png

I would like to do this.  Any suggestions?

Since there is not a meta-data source for sports you will have to supply the images and meta-data which is a manual process.

I should comment however if you record the media via Emby you could retain the guide data but that's not going to help with adding existing media to a Library and having the meta-data provided automatically.