Local access address not correct

raven-au

raven-au

So here's something even stranger.

I have another NAS that, from the network interfaces, looks the same.

Installing the exact same QNAP Emby packages on it I see the correct address but on the original NAS I reported this against I see the same incorrect address!

Does anyone have any idea how or why this would happen?

Ian

raven-au

Installing the exact same QNAP Emby packages on it I see the correct address but on the original NAS I reported this against I see the same incorrect address!

The real fear that I have is if I commit to using this NAS as my main NAS and setup all the other the services I have on the original NAS then I may end up with the same problem.

Arniceous

try using a Dual Radio Smart Repeater instead of a second router set as bridge it uses initial LAN ip only and does not create its own IP. I used this particular one once to extend range but my WIFI radios sometimes didn't know which IP to choose from on their own for it will make a duplicate IP address in the list of available wireless networks. This unit  can be hard wired as well.

3da60122ffd2a0b23d113664973c4c68.png

http://www.amazon.com/Hawking-Technology-Radio-Repeater-HW2R1/dp/B002SYUP60/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462538102&sr=8-2&keywords=hawking+repeater

Edited by Arniceous

raven-au

try using a Dual Radio Smart Repeater instead of a second router set as bridge it uses initial LAN ip only and does not create its own IP. I used this particular one once to extend range but my WIFI radios sometimes didn't know which IP to choose from on their own for it will make a duplicate IP address in the list of available wireless networks. This unit  can be hard wired as well.

How is this relevant to the problem I described?

• 2 months later...
raven-au

The only reason I can see for this is the order in which interfaces are returned.

The Emby server selects the first one after the loopback interface without any checks to find out if it is the primary interface.

I doubt this order can be assumed so this is lame and bound to be wrong at least some of the time.

The obvious thing to do would be to check the interface against the default route .... an interface that matches the network of the default route is much more likely to be the primary interface than relying on random ordering.

• 1 year later...

We have a new QNAP package available for testing:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51334-new-qnap-package-for-testing/

Unlike the current package in the QNAP community, this is built by the Emby Team and will be tested and supported by us. It is also built with the new .NET Core runtime from Microsoft, which has major performance improvements over the mono runtime used by the community package. 

Please try it out if interested in helping us test it. Thanks !