Plugin for LCD/VFD Screens [Windows] Imon Replacement - using FrontView Server Plugin

GlennNZ

NOCHTPC

Hi

Need to set up emby user for Frontview

Pretty sure emby connect details won't work and probably cause of issue.

Also don't worry about MAC address - is not needed and can be left blank (can be used for wake up via LAN) but would get connection working.

If still have issues turn on debug and trace logging and restart - and try to connect again - pm me zipped log and happy to have a look.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ho do I do this?

GlennNZ

ho do I do this?

On FrontView Settings, Click Debug Logging and Trace Logging to enable.

Restart FrontView, try to logon.

Log is saved in %appdata%/FrontView+/log

Type %appdata% in a folder window

Go to folder Frontview+ and then folder log

Zip the log file and send.

GLenn

Edited by GlennNZ

• 1 month later...
ssndriver

Hi,

I've just finished assembled a new HTPC with a Imon Ultrabay I have from a previous one. The new PC is running under windows 10 x64 (the former was running windows 7 x64 with the soundgraph software).

I followed all the steps described in this topic, but when I start LCD Smartie, I get the "Load of plugin failed with #126: the specified module could not be found" message. After going through several posts in the LCD Smartie forums, I believed this is a problem related to .net framework which is running under the 4.6.1 version and not the 4.0 one. Does anyone encounter the problem ? Reverse to the .net framework 4.0 is not a solution (although it seems to work for several people) as I need  4.5+ version for other softwares...

GlennNZ

Hi,

I've just finished assembled a new HTPC with a Imon Ultrabay I have from a previous one. The new PC is running under windows 10 x64 (the former was running windows 7 x64 with the soundgraph software).

I followed all the steps described in this topic, but when I start LCD Smartie, I get the "Load of plugin failed with #126: the specified module could not be found" message. After going through several posts in the LCD Smartie forums, I believed this is a problem related to .net framework which is running under the 4.6.1 version and not the 4.0 one. Does anyone encounter the problem ? Reverse to the .net framework 4.0 is not a solution (although it seems to work for several people) as I need 4.5+ version for other softwares...

Don't believe it will be .net framework version issue - as you can have them all installed at once. (At least I think you can )

Double check the dll you have selected within LCDSmartie - it likely relates to that selection.

& remember you do need to copy (and rename if needed the iMon Display Driver)

iMON_OEM_LCD.dll (iMON Display driver goes in LCDSmartie/display directory) Use if using iMON/enables icon support

Glenn Edited by GlennNZ

ssndriver

Don't believe it will be .net framework version issue - as you can have them all installed at once. (At least I think you can )

Double check the dll you have selected within LCDSmartie - it likely relates to that selection.

& remember you do need to copy (and rename if needed the iMon Display Driver) Glenn

Thanks for your reply.

The iMON_OEM_LCD.dll is installed in the LCDSmartie/display directory. The display works with screen 2 (LCDSmartie on 1st line, and date/time on the 2nd line) but not when trying to call a function with the FrontViewLCDSmartie.dll. I still believe this to be related to .net framework as I found several posts on the LCDSmartie forums telling about it (i.e. : http://lcdsmartie.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3576&sid=11cc7a7c346256ea4f56f732297da717).It's why I post here in the first place, to find if someone else had the same problem...

GlennNZ

Thanks for your reply.

The iMON_OEM_LCD.dll is installed in the LCDSmartie/display directory. The display works with screen 2 (LCDSmartie on 1st line, and date/time on the 2nd line) but not when trying to call a function with the FrontViewLCDSmartie.dll. I still believe this to be related to .net framework as I found several posts on the LCDSmartie forums telling about it (i.e. : http://lcdsmartie.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3576&sid=11cc7a7c346256ea4f56f732297da717).It's why I post here in the first place, to find if someone else had the same problem...

You likely need to install the correct .net framework.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-au/library/y549e41e(v=vs.90).aspx

You can have 4.0 and 4.5 and 4.6.2 all installed at the same time. If however you uninstall 4.0 (as per the linked post) obviously it won't work. But having 4.0 installed does NOT upset the function of anything else using 4.6.2 etc.

Still remains to be seen whether .net framework is the problem though.

Although check this setting as well: (either adding or removing)

http://lcdsmartie.org/phpBB3//viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2356

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

ssndriver

You likely need to install the correct .net framework.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-au/library/y549e41e(v=vs.90).aspx

You can have 4.0 and 4.5 and 4.6.2 all installed at the same time. If however you uninstall 4.0 (as per the linked post) obviously it won't work. But having 4.0 installed does NOT upset the function of anything else using 4.6.2 etc.

Still remains to be seen whether .net framework is the problem though.

Although check this setting as well: (either adding or removing)

http://lcdsmartie.org/phpBB3//viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2356

Glenn

Many thanks Glenn for all your advices.

I finally solve the problem following the instruction of this thread : http://lcdsmartie.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3377

I no longer have the #126 dll error when starting LCD Smartie, and the display is actually showing all the information I need when running kodi.

Hope this will help others.

Bruno

• 1 month later...
akarpych

Hi! I have a question. Is it possible to use a progress bar? And how can I change the number of displayed characters in a Function 5:
Returns Current Time of Playback
eg:
00:04:44 to 0:04:44? 
And is it possible to use a graphic equalizer?

GlennNZ

Hi! I have a question. Is it possible to use a progress bar? And how can I change the number of displayed characters in a Function 5:

Returns Current Time of Playback

eg:

00:04:44 to 0:04:44?

And is it possible to use a graphic equalizer?

Yes & yes.

The Functions are what are retuned to LCDSmartie from the emby plugin. You can then do with them as you want (from within lcd smartie). I'm sure it's possible to delete the first character.

Progress Bar: is already included in the simple demo configuration. LCD smartie has a progress bar function which is used.

& No to the graphic equaliser - From this code - but LCDSmartie may have a equaliser add on somewhere possibility.

Glenn

• 1 month later...

I have a working setup for my Antec Fusion and iMON.

The only issue is with the bar. I am using the original $Bar($dll(FrontViewLCDSmartie.dll,4,,),100,16), but getting - Bar: Too many parameters.

I have FrontView+ 1.0.0.30 pluggin and FrontViewLCDSmartie.dll 1.0.0.5

I tried the ($dll(FrontViewLCDSmartie.dll,4,,) and it's returning the percentage. Also using the with constants does work: $Bar(50,100,16)

Unfortunately not working together.

I suspect it may be local saettings because comma is used fopr the current percentage: 52,1456456465 (this is the reason, why too many parameters),

I tried to change the float part delimiter to dot and it's working.

However, this system wide change. Would be nice if the float value is always returned with dot. 

Edited by hokr

GlennNZ

The only issue is with the bar. I am using the original $Bar($dll(FrontViewLCDSmartie.dll,4,,),100,16), but getting - Bar: Too many parameters.

I have FrontView+ 1.0.0.30 pluggin and FrontViewLCDSmartie.dll 1.0.0.5

I tried the ($dll(FrontViewLCDSmartie.dll,4,,) and it's returning the percentage. Also using the with constants does work: $Bar(50,100,16)

I suspect it may be local saettings because comma is used fopr the current percentage: 52,1456456465 (this is the reason, why too many parameters), but even using dot is not working 52.1456456465. is returning: not valid floating point value.

Any help here is appreciated.

Thank you.

Give me 12 hours or so and will update FrontViewApi+ plugin to 1.0.031 and change the percentage to integer (So 1,11,14,77 etc) no decimal points - should still be accurate enough and should fix issue

Edit: actually might change the lcdsmartie plugin DLM on 2nd thoughts.

But meanwhile have you tried a round lcdsmartie dll command?

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

GlennNZ

The only issue is with the bar. I am using the original $Bar($dll(FrontViewLCDSmartie.dll,4,,),100,16), but getting - Bar: Too many parameters.

I have FrontView+ 1.0.0.30 pluggin and FrontViewLCDSmartie.dll 1.0.0.5

I tried the ($dll(FrontViewLCDSmartie.dll,4,,) and it's returning the percentage. Also using the with constants does work: $Bar(50,100,16)

I suspect it may be local saettings because comma is used fopr the current percentage: 52,1456456465 (this is the reason, why too many parameters),

I tried to change the float part delimiter to dot and it's working.

However, this system wide change. Would be nice if the float value is always returned with dot.

Try this 1.0.0.6 lcdsmartie replacement.

Sorry can't test at moment.

Please let me know how it goes

Glenn

FrontViewLCDSmartie.zip

Edited by GlennNZ

• 1 month later...
DaSilva

Hi GlennNZ, I'm trying to use your plugin on a Win10x64 HTPC with Emby Theatre and a dedicated Emby Server.

Now everything goes fine until I get to "Choose an Emby Client (Playback) Device" ... I don't get any devices listed in the dropdown menu ...

Even if I press refresh it stays empty.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Tia

GlennNZ

Hi GlennNZ, I'm trying to use your plugin on a Win10x64 HTPC with Emby Theatre and a dedicated Emby Server.

Now everything goes fine until I get to "Choose an Emby Client (Playback) Device" ... I don't get any devices listed in the dropdown menu ...

Even if I press refresh it stays empty.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Tia

Occasionally it can take sometime to list/refresh (refresh button obviously isn't working as well as intended)

The major list update happens whenever a new emby client is connected/started.

Turn on and start your client (or others - mobile/phone etc) and check list again.

Glenn

• 8 months later...

Hi Glenn,

I noticed that .55 is the latest install of the FrontView plugin. I'm using the zip from the front page  LCDSmart Fontview iMON Icon support.zip

I'm having a little trouble getting this to connect to my emby server.

I changed the relevant lines in LCDSmartie.exe.config to my installation

<add key="FrontViewLCDSmartie.IPAddress" value="192.168.1.120"/>
  <add key="FrontViewLCDSmartie.Port" value="8096"/>

When I launch LCD Smartie,

I see the following information scrolling

[bar:'Not Connected to Emby Server' is not a valid floating point value]

The above shows up on my imon screen, so I assume I just need to figure out why it can't connect to the server and everything should fall into place.

Thanks in advance for your work on this. It's most appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
GlennNZ

Hi Glenn,

I noticed that .55 is the latest install of the FrontView plugin. I'm using the zip from the front page LCDSmart Fontview iMON Icon support.zip

I'm having a little trouble getting this to connect to my emby server.

I changed the relevant lines in LCDSmartie.exe.config to my installation

<add key="FrontViewLCDSmartie.IPAddress" value="192.168.1.120"/>

<add key="FrontViewLCDSmartie.Port" value="8096"/>

When I launch LCD Smartie,

I see the following information scrolling

[bar:'Not Connected to Emby Server' is not a valid floating point value]

The above shows up on my imon screen, so I assume I just need to figure out why it can't connect to the server and everything should fall into place.

Thanks in advance for your work on this. It's most appreciated.

Sorry missed this.

Try again with new version of server plugin - suspect that was probably the issue (Emby is going through a few changes and was hard to keep up)

If not let me know.

Thanks

Glenn

Hey it's working great now! Thanks for that.

I noticed that it swaps back to the clock after about 30 seconds and doesn't come back until the progress bar updates to a different graphic. I assume changing out the progress bar for actual duration would fix this?

• 1 year later...
kmartinka

I was wondering if Function 7 has the ability to report LiveTV?  When I go to live TV it returns 0, essentially "No Playback".

Thanks

I am running the following:

FrontView+ 2.0.0.55

LCDSmartie  =1.0.0.6

Edited by kmartinka

• 6 months later...

Hello guys,

is this topic still alive?

if yes i i hope someone will help me.

I have Antec Fusion case...silver one with VFD. Till i had Win 8, display worked without any problems with Antec VFD driver.

1 week ago i updated win 8 to win10 and forgot to save VFD driver out of comp so i deleted it. I was searching forvit till now but no luck to find is.

So...if someone have it...i will be really happy.

If not...than i like that someone confirms, that all this stuff in topic must/can/should work with Antec Fusion display.

any help or info is appreciate.

Thanks,

Andrej