disable emby plugin for certain kodi profiles

h1pchek
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

i do a fair amount of traveling for work and so i now travel with a pi2 or NVidia Shield tablet with multiple profiles for when i travel vs being at home and i use trakt.tv to keep my watched status and such inline with each other.

question i have is how do i effectively "Disable" the emby plugin for kodi for only certain kodi profiles?

for example in kodi i have x2 main profiles: emby_database (works perfectly with all my movies available locally when i am at home) and a traveling_database (no real library, I just stream from other kodi plugins).

it appears that the emby plugin for kodi is "global" and that it installs for all users and when i'm traveling it always prompts me to setup the emby account.  at home my emby server is behind a firewall and such so i will never really see that server from the outside world which is ok, problem is that i cannot seem to find how to disable this emby setup prompt my other "traveling_database" kodi profile/user.

I looked through the forums and could not find another post similar to this one but i apologize if it is a duplicate.

thanks!

• Solution
Angelblue05

Every Kodi profile has access to all the add-ons installed. However, you are able to disable them on profile basis. Just load the Kodi profile you don't want emby for Kodi on. Go to add-ons > enabled add-ons > video add-ons > emby > open the add-on information (context menu), then hit disable. It is possible your Kodi will freeze then. It's ok, not to worry, just close Kodi and when you restart, the add-on will be disabled for that profile but still enabled for your other profiles. Hope this helps.

*face palm moment*

i always thought that the disable functionality was for all kodi profiles - not on a per profile basis.

works fine now, thanks!

Edited by h1pchek
  • Like 1