Workout Collection

moviefan

moviefan

Does anyone else out there use workout videos?

If so, how do you organize them in the new MB3 structure?

I used to just have a workout collection but it seems like in this new setup with combining all of the videos together that these videos would really clutter up my regular collections that MB is combining and I don't want to do that.

Is it best to mark these as home videos?  How does that even impact the indexing and what not?

Thanks.

Starkadius

I currently have workout videos and I put them in the TV collection. I created a genre titled "Exercise" or "Workout" for those videos. Workout videos as far as I know don't have metadata available from any of the sources so I had to put them in myself.

Airbender

Hi

i created a folder Exercise & Yoga and under it i put all workout videos and yoga and so on

Hope this help

moviefan

Thanks for the replies guys.  I am going to try the TV season method and see how it looks.

@Starkadus - I see a metadata folder in your Insanity collection there - what is in that folder?

For something like Spinervals, since I have pictures for each episode, is it possible to tie those pictures to the episodes using Metadata somehow?

I am looking at my other shows and it looks like it names the pictures within the metadata folder with a filename that matches the TVDBid that is referenced in the XML file for the episode.  But since workout collections don't have TVDBIDs could I still do this?

WWWestern

Name the images of the episodes as well as a videofile of the episode is called. Or upload images using Metadata Manager.

moviefan

Okay I got it setup and it looks okay at the moment.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Still don't like how it shows up in the TV category now from the web client but otherwise I think this setup works okay..

I wonder if they could provide the ability in the future to filter certain genre's from the main view so that I could prevent things with a genre of workout from being listed there.  Would be a nice tweak but probably not worth the extra effort it would take to code.