[BUG]Menu Screen goes up and down when scrolling after a movie is finished

shorty1483
Go to solution Solved by cmcg,

SilentAssassin

Using 2.2.0h beta on a H6400 and can't reproduce.

I've got two other H6400'S still running the stable release that I'll test later but can't say I've noticed it happen on those.

Can't reproduce on the stable release either.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
fluffykiwi

Have now been able to reproduce, but only with certain files. 

I currently have a bundle of files it doesn't happen with, I can play them pause them etc, without it resulting in any menu movement. I have one file that  does result in a very small movement in the menu after it is played, even if it is paused or completed.

I can repeat this within a single session, i.e. play a file, no menu movement, play the one file and the menu moves slightly, play another file and the menu stops moving.

I initially thought it might be resolution related but I have a file with exact same dimensions, frame rate etc, that doesn't cause menu movement.

UE55HU8500 and 2.2.0i

Edited by fluffykiwi
  • Like 1

Have now been able to reproduce, but only with certain files. 

@@fluffykiwi, do any of the detail screens that cause this have extra detail that is causing the lines to wrap.  For example, a very long title, or a third row of codec icons, or an additional menu item in the actions (ie: Play, Chapters, Cast, Suggested, etc) compared to other screens?

Can you post a photo of the details screen for one that causes the problem and one that doesn't?

• Like 2

fluffykiwi

The file that produces the menu movement didn't have Cast listed. No idea why but now that I've updated that it now has the exact same items listed, and still causes the slight movement.

btw the movement is like half a line for me, so is not a problem for me. However, if others have a more major problem I'm happy to try to identify the problem.

For information the file is "Marvels.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.S04E01.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS.[VTV]"

I'll have a look later at how to photograph screens, as my phone died recently and my old 2012 nexus 7 has about the worst camera you can imagine.

• Like 1

shorty1483

Sorry guys I cannot explain more. On my H6270 it happens on almost every. Unfortunately, I cannot nail it down on e.g. numbers of actors, chapters etc, codecs, resolution of video file etc...

FrostByte

Maybe fluffy can provide an example since he says he may have nailed it down to certain file(s)

• Like 1

shorty1483

Maybe fluffy can provide an example since he says he may have nailed it down to certain file(s)

I wish it would be a slight movement like fluffy mentions, for me it's up to 5 complete lines, depending on how much I scroll up and down. When I play another video without a restart of the app, it's even in OSD. So much that the duration is not visible anymore. Today I played some 720p files, and it did not happen. On other 720p the upd and down happens. Codec infos are the same.

FrostByte

Subtitles maybe?  `I usually burn mine in. 

IDK, maybe cmcg has been so quiet lately because he's figured out and is working on a fix :)

• Like 1

fluffykiwi

Now have a few files it happens with, but cannot yet identify any common factor. I do not use subtitles with ANY of my TV Episodes.

I'll try to list the ones that do it, but a photo is not really possible at present. 

All are still a very slight identical amount of movement. i.e. less than a single line of text.

I'm deliberately keeping episode files, that I normally delete once viewed, to hopefully help identify some common factor, but at present health issues are stopping me from exploring this further.

Multiple Hospital visits this month, and no particular desire to be watching TV.

Edited by fluffykiwi

shorty1483

Get well fluffy!

Regarding my problem, I tried the whole morning nailing it down on some file specifics, but there is absolutely no variable in the affected files I can find out. SD and also HD is affected, no matter if with or without cast, subtitles etc. I also tried with default settings, even with the old 1.0.6 version. In this version, the line jumps are limited to just one line, and not up to 5 like with the 2.x version.

If it just was a half line like on fluffys TV, I could easily live with it. I made a short video to give you guys an image how worse it gets on my TV. 

Edited by shorty1483

shorty1483

Ok further investigation. The phenomenon above seems to just occur when I start a video and stop after few seconds. When I watch a whole movie, I also just get this slight movement @@fluffykiwi mentioned. Will test a few more days.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
shorty1483

@@cmcg @@SamES

Installed 2.2.0 Stable today and can confirm that the movement is now just very small like @@fluffykiwi described. Perhaps it's just my model but it's totally okay now and the app is really usable for me also after watching something without having to restart.

No matter what you did or if you even did something in that direction  :D  But thanks anyway that you still maintain this nice app.

• Like 2

Did you try that same Guardians of the Galaxy movie? The reason I ask is because the description text looks like it flows off screen in your clip above so make sure you click Info while it's playing.

shorty1483

Did you try that same Guardians of the Galaxy movie? The reason I ask is because the description text looks like it flows off screen in your clip above so make sure you click Info while it's playing.

Did not try GotG, but another movie mith same specs and I also pressed Info. But will try later at home the the movie above just to be sure.

• Like 1

shorty1483

@@cmcg I'm out.  :unsure:  Tried same with Guardians of the Galaxy again and the large row jumps are back. I guess I simply have to live with it.

Edited by shorty1483

That's actually good news since it matches my hypothesis. It's the long show info flowing off the bottom that stretches the UI. I probably just need to constrain that box. I'll see what I can do. It's hard for me to test as my F series doesn't suffer from this issue.

• Like 2

shorty1483

That's actually good news since it matches my hypothesis. It's the long show info flowing off the bottom that stretches the UI. I probably just need to constrain that box. I'll see what I can do. It's hard for me to test as my F series doesn't suffer from this issue.

Will test anything you want at any time you want  :ph34r:

• Like 1