Issues with 5.1 Sound

BinaryShrub
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Did any of you guys get the email from Amazon?

I never saw confirmation that they went out so I just removed and re-added the three of you that most recently requested.

BinaryShrub

I never saw confirmation that they went out so I just removed and re-added the three of you that most recently requested.

I just got the email.

Edited by BinaryShrub

BinaryShrub

The beta version isnt working for me. When I open it, it doesnt show me a pin, and I also cant manually connect. My server is in the same network and it isnt recognizing it like before. Ideas?

BinaryShrub

It was pulling up to the Emby Connect Screen, as usual, but no pin was displayed. So when I click on next, the app crashes, and when I tried to type in my server manually, it would just say it couldnt connect. I thought there may be some sort of residual data from the production app so I uninstalled it, restarted the firestick, and reinstalled and it appears to be back to normal.

However, I am still having no luck connecting with emby connect after im connected to my server and it is asking for you to select a user. When I click "Login with Connect" I think the app ANRs and crashes. (As it does with the production version for me, maybe because I hide all my users from the login screen?)

But good news, your fix works! Sound is broken in direct, but working just fine in compatible mode :)

Edited by BinaryShrub

Okay, that sounds like maybe a situation that hasn't been tested in a while.  I'll check it out.

Thanks for confirming the audio fix.

• Like 1

flexage

i am also seeing this problm with the fire stick on my kitchen tv. Hearing surround channels through in in-built tv speakers, but can't hear the center/speech channels. Will sign up for the beta and test ;)

The version with this fix is now live in the Amazon store.

If you are having this issue with a Fire Stick, just change your audio option to "Compatible".

themohom

I've got the e-mail, just tested with the audio on compatible but stll not working. Do I also need to untick play using VLC?

EDIT: Tried without VLC didn't work then noticed that my version says it is 1.1.46a in app. When I go to app details outside the app it says it is 1.149a? Am I missing something here?

Edited by themohom

Hardwick67

themohom, I had the same problem. What worked for me is I had to uninstall Emby from my Fire stick first and then reinstall. That updated me to 1.149a and I'm happy to report that my audio now works. When you uninstall you don't have to remove Emby from the cloud, just from the stick.

Thanks again to ebr 

themohom

themohom, I had the same problem. What worked for me is I had to uninstall Emby from my Fire stick first and then reinstall. That updated me to 1.149a and I'm happy to report that my audio now works. When you uninstall you don't have to remove Emby from the cloud, just from the stick.

Thanks again to ebr 

Good shout, that worked.

Thanks guys! Now I can go back to my life sat in front of a TV again! Haha :D

psycopuppy

I don't know it this really matters, but if I pause a program and restart it, that's when I have the cut out audio problem.  Compatibility mode did correct that annoyance though.

• 9 months later...

Hi @@BinaryShrub

The latest beta version of the Emby app offers improved playback, refresh rate switching, and all the HD Audio pass-through you need. Check out the beta thread for more details:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42239-android-tv-beta-13x/

We think you'll enjoy the next update to the stable channel. Thanks !