Request: Set Shuffle Limit

BinaryShrub

BinaryShrub

So here is my usecase:

1) When I go to bed at night, I like to shuffle though TV shows I have through my FireTV Stick.

2) So I go to the TV show, select shuffle, put my tv on a sleep timer.

The issue is, because my FireTV Stick doesn't turn off when my TV does, it will continue to fetch and play videos until I physically stop it myself. This causes my Emby Media server to endure unneeded processing and will ultimately cause my HDDs to fail at a much faster rate, since they are use non stop.

I'd like to see a way in the system.xml file to set the maximum shuffle time or shuffle count before requesting if the user is still watching. Netflix implements this feature nicely and I think it will save emby users from having to replace their hardware as much.

Perhaps every time a client requests content from the server, it can pass the server information about idle time, and if the idle time surpass what the server is set for, it can show a dialog on the client requesting to see if the user is still watching and would like to continue.

Hi, welcome. A sleep timer might also be a nice feature in the app for other reasons, so perhaps that might be a better way of doing it.

BinaryShrub

Hi, welcome. A sleep timer might also be a nice feature in the app for other reasons, so perhaps that might be a better way of doing it.

That sounds like a better general solution. I would like to see an idle disconnect time feature as well, even if it is only client side, maybe disabled by default but something you could enable. However I could see this being more work because you would have to hook into controller clicks to reset the idle timer.