Chocolate theme does not allow full screen movie play

brandin.p.lea
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

brandin.p.lea

The enhanced menu features of Emby for WMC in the chocolate theme do not allow for full screen use, or at least none that I can find. It always seems windowed unless I stretch the movie, which ultimately cuts off some of the picture. Am I not seeing something in settings here?

brandin.p.lea

Currently Running:

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center package

Emby Server

Emby for WMC chocolate theme

All latest updates and patches

brandin.p.lea

I use that set-up becuase I am using the Ceton Infinitv6 with time warner cable, and still use a Blu-ray player in my HTPC for when the kids have friends over and bring movies we dont own on download yet. Otherwise I would have gone a different direction (emby theater, etc.)

brandin.p.lea

That is the best I can do. But you will notice the movie is playing inside a box, while the enhanced menu option is selected. When I deselect it and use native windows player, it will use the full screen, but then loose the playback enhancement

post-8375-0-42233000-1455396958_thumb.jpg

I cannot take a screenshot, it just comes out black

For future reference, downsize WMC, and then drag it larger before taking the screen shot, That works in Win 7.

I can't see the TV in that picture.  What part of the image is not filling the entire screen?  Top/bottom, sides, or all the way around?

brandin.p.lea

the border goes all the way around. I can use the zoom features, but it cuts part of the movies out. or I can use native windows players and loose the extra features shown in the image.

• Solution

Does the rest of the interface (browsing) have the same issue?

Have you changed the overscan settings in the Advanced config pane?

Otherwise, I think you may need to go through some of the WMC setup for the TV and possibly adjust some things.  See here: 

Emby for WMC is not displayed on 100% of the screen. How to troubleshoot overscan issues.

BTW - were you able to get your key delivered...?

brandin.p.lea

Holy crap that worked! looks much better now. actually made WMC as a whole look and feel better. No I still have not been able to have my old key delivered. Thank you for helping out so much.

Now its time for me to fix my emby for windows phone 10.