Stopping movie with external player

gmanhdtv

gmanhdtv

mb2 has a special tmt profile in that it knows how tmt works. I'm not going to be doing that for mbt, athough i did actually start it in case someone else wants to do it in the form of a plugin. so all we have is a generic brute force kill when you press the stop button. the problem is i think tmt sometimes launches another process and mbt has no way of knowing that.

Thanks for the super fast reply Luke.  I tried taking TMT6 out as external player, now the built in player is not working "error processing resuest"???

I am totally stuck now, any help greatly appreciated.

Glenn

gmanhdtv

Having used MB for years and testing MB Theater since its release I have a few questions to those with far more experience than me.

I prefer to use TMT6 as an external player, but I am not "married" to it.

I have everthing working, except, when stopping the movie, TMT6 does not close.  I have "force player to close on stop" checked.  I just can't seem to get back to the MB interface like I could when running MB2. 

I trully appreciate the enormous amount of work everyone has put into this project.

Thanks,

Glenn

mb2 has a special tmt profile in that it knows how tmt works. I'm not going to be doing that for mbt, athough i did actually start it in case someone else wants to do it in the form of a plugin. so all we have is a generic brute force kill when you press the stop button. the problem is i think tmt sometimes launches another process and mbt has no way of knowing that.

PowerDVD13 doesn't close either.

If MBT is going to be the next big Media Center Front End, Eventually it should be the most feature rich media center too. I am so tired of trying different media centers that are all complete junk such as Plex Theater, XBMC, WMC and a few others. MBT is the closest I have seen to be the first real media center that HTPC users are going to default too. 

I'm not going to be doing that for mbt

I would highly recommend you not to throw away ideas we suggest. Especially if MBT is never going to support bluray menus, a proper profile for PDVD13, TMT6 and maybe a couple others to allow MBT to close them after the DVD/BluRay Disc or 3D movie is finished should be close to the top as this is a vital feature many will be looking for. Waiting for a plugin from someone else might take a long time. This shouldn't be a "plugin" but a internal feature of MBT.

I'm not throwing away ideas, but I am only committed to what our team is capable of handling right now. and yes, it should and will be a plugin because it's not a feature that everyone needs. there is also ongoing maintenance required when we consume knowledge about external applications. we have to maintain that as they introduce new versions. I am not going to put the MBT core on the hook for that. That can be handled by someone who has the time to really dedicate themselves to the plugin and make it their thing.

if you would instead focus your efforts on recruiting someone, you might find you can get it much sooner rather than later. That would be a great way to contribute.

I understand, I just figure since there is a bluray/dvd player in almost every dedicated htpc, I would think a way to easily play bluray or dvd would be a default feature. DVD should be fairly simple right? MBT can handle dvd menus I believe, so an internal player for DVD disc content should be straight forward for you guys I would think.

• 2 weeks later...
zombieagain

I use eventghost to kill the TMT6 process if I push the stop button, by generating an "Alt+F4" keystroke. It seems to work great...