Help me understand tags

frumpl
Go to solution Solved by frumpl,

I think I should be getting what I want, but I'm not. So, I guess my understanding and reality are not connecting right now.

In my Media Library, I have TV, TV Kids and TV Streams libraries. In Kodi, all content is tagged 'TV'. There are no tags for TV Kids or TV Streams. My understanding is that there should be. I would like the tags to use in smart playlists.

I tried to solve it by adding a 'Kids' tag to the TV Kids folder's metadata. Unfortunately, that does not trickle down to each show in the folder. I started to add the tag to each show and that works, but that is tedious and time consuming.

So, what am I missing? Thanks!

Angelblue05

If you have your library sections separated according to what you posted, then it should work like you thought. Do you have duplicated content, as in, added to more than one library in emby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No:

post-3998-0-55695300-1455310397_thumb.jpg

TV          \\server\TV
TV Kids     \\server\TV.Kids
            \\server2\TV.Kids.Online
TV Streams  \\server\Streams\MyLibrary\TV Shows
            \\server\Streams\Netflix\TV

Angelblue05

Can you tell me the version of the add-on you are using? Just navigate to the emby add-on, instead of entering the add-on, just open the context menu > add-on information. Thanks

Angelblue05

I am fairly certain this issue does not exists in the beta version. If you want, you can try the beta version and confirm the issue is gone, otherwise we are releasing beta to stable Monday most likely.

If you want to test it out, install the beta repo: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.4.zip

The beta version is inside it. You should disable auto-updates for your add-ons, so you can control when you want to update version since the beta version is always higher than the stable version.

Edited by Angelblue05

Thanks! I'll wait for stable to update. I have 3 or 4 computers with this setup and I'd rather they stay on the same version.

I'll post here if fixed or not after the update.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
frumpl

Looks like I didn't post back that this was fixed. Oops. Well, it was. The issue seems to be back with 2.2.10. All my tv shows are tagged with 'TV'. The other library tags are not there. Doing a local database reset (full resync) did not help.

Angelblue05

Are your views grouped in emby? In the webclient > user icon > Home screen settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Solution
frumpl

It looks like it. Under My Views, TV, TV Kids and TV Streams were all checked. I unchecked them and the tags showed up in Kodi.

• Like 1