Some live tv channels are transcoding

denz
Go to solution Solved by krustyreturns,

I am getting some channels on android app that are direct playing and for some reason some are getting transcoded and It is probable because of below error.

Bitrate exceeds directplay limit

Nextpvr also has these issue and discussion below

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30922-direct-play-of-nextpvr-live-tv/

My log files

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31228-some-live-tv-channels-are-transcoded-some-are-direct-playing/&do=findComment&comment=299917

krustyreturns

Assuming this is a serverwmc issue too, I need the serverwmc log after you play one of these channels.  It would be great if you can restart serverwmc before you do it to keep the log clean (if not, tell me when you started the stream).

In the log I have tuned to two channels for comparison first Channel 7 two is transcoding and Channel 7 is direct playing

krustyreturns

I didn't read the other thread closely but I think the discussion was about something being wrong in the media info.  

This is the media info for channel 7TWO:

2016/02/13 13:12:35.460  >  Type: Audio> Index: 0, Codec: mp3, Bitrate: 192.00 kbps, SampleRate: 48.00 ksps, Channels: -1, Layout: Joint Stereo
2016/02/13 13:12:35.470  >  Type: Video> Index: 1, Codec: mpeg2video, Bitrate: (1.81) mbps, Framerate: 25 fps, Width: 720, Height: 576, Profile: MP, Level: 

This is the media info for channel 7:
2016/02/13 13:13:22.343  >  Type: Audio> Index: 0, Codec: mp3, Bitrate: 256.00 kbps, SampleRate: 48.00 ksps, Channels: 2, Layout: Stereo
2016/02/13 13:13:22.343  >  Type: Video> Index: 1, Codec: mpeg2video, Bitrate: (1.72) mbps, Framerate: 25 fps, Width: 720, Height: 576, Profile: MP, Level: 

I notice that 7TWO the number of audio channels has an error, I could dig into the code to see why that happened (probably due tot he 'Joint Stereo', but would that cause it to transcode?  I am flying blind here.  Also what is the client you are using?

It only does this in emby android client I have tried emby theatre and everything direct plays so it looks like the android client has issues. I have attached logs of other channels that are transcoding and all of them are joint stereo. The ones that are direct playing are all stereo.

• Solution
krustyreturns

Ok, I'll fix the joint stereo setting so it comes out as 2 channel.  I'll put in the next preview release if you want to try it out,

Edited by krustyreturns
  • Like 1