Channel logos and program pictures

blauter78

blauter78

I have been using EmbyTV for a couple weeks and absolutely love it but was interested in giving NextPVR a try since it supports wake timers (Emby only seems to support it with elevation). NextPVR does not have channel logos by default and not sure about program pictures but I am guessing that's most likely a no as well.

Question is, can I use NextPVR backend in Emby for recordings but still configure schedule direct in Emby to pull guide data and have Emby auto populate channel icons and program images?

NextPVR does not have channel logos by default and not sure about program pictures but I am guessing that's most likely a no as well.

Emby can use channel logos supplied by NextPVR. You need to have your channel logo jpg/png files in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Channels. It looks for filenames the same as the channel names (plus the .png / .jpg). 

If you're using Schedules Direct, you can have it download the channel logos for you. Go into the Settings->Channels screen, double click one of your Schedules Direct channels, and click the '...' next to the Schedules Direct mapping. This will take you to the Schedules Direct settings page. Click the 'Download icons for active channels' button.

Regarding show artwork, NextPVR is collecting artwork for any shows you view the in the TV Guide, or anything you record. You can see this artwork in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Shows. Emby can also download that automatically from NextPVR, but I think they're currently only getting the poster. They can also get fanart, logos, landscape, episode thumbnail, but I don't think they currently ask for this extra artwork.

Edited by sub3

blauter78

Emby can use channel logos supplied by NextPVR. You need to have your channel logo jpg/png files in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Channels. It looks for filenames the same as the channel names (plus the .png / .jpg). 

If you're using Schedules Direct, you can have it download the channel logos for you. Go into the Settings->Channels screen, double click one of your Schedules Direct channels, and click the '...' next to the Schedules Direct mapping. This will take you to the Schedules Direct settings page. Click the 'Download icons for active channels' button.

Regarding show artwork, NextPVR is collecting artwork for any shows you view the in the TV Guide, or anything you record. You can see this artwork in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Shows. Emby can also download that automatically from NextPVR, but I think they're currently only getting the poster. They can also get fanart, logos, landscape, episode thumbnail, but I don't think they currently ask for this extra artwork.

Wow. Thanks. Is that relatively new feature? Test drove NextPVR a few years ago and don't remember that option or may have missed it. I have all my icons now displayed in NextPVR frontend but guide refresh is not populating Emby. Is there a missing step or possible issue on my side?

blauter78

OK, looks like they finally populated after a reboot. Just two quick issues maybe someone can help me with.

1. In channel view, I only see show title but not the actual show name.

2. Logos have black background which does not look very nice, plus some are un-readable.

Thanks.

56baaf9842c06_Untitled.png

I'm not sure what the answer is for those. It's likely one of the Emby guys would need to help you with those.

blauter78

OK, I don't have as many channels since cutting cable down to broadcast only so I will just manually upload them in metadata manager from C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Channels which seems to correct the logo issue.

I don't use channel view as much as grid guide so that's not a big deal but I will mention it to Emby guys.

Looking forward to testing this out. Thanks!

blauter78

I don't get your question about the channels page.

You can see the show name not?

For example, Season 9 Episode 16 of Big Bang Theory was titled "The Positive Negative Reaction". In channel view, I would only see "The Positive Negative Reaction", I have no idea it's Big Bang Theory until I click on it or go to grid view.

It doesn't happen on all shows but a very large portion of them.

EDIT: From the screenshot, channel 4 displays "All Hard Parts" which is the episode title of show name Chicago Fire.

Edited by blauter78

Can You add Your logs but with debug logging enabled for nextpvr(See plugin settings). Maybe wrong mapping on My side...

I need to dive into the JS code for the channels to search for it.

Unless if @@Luke knows it directly. If he is using the name from the show or the title of the show...

pünktchen

I need to dive into the JS code for the channels to search for it.

Unless if @@Luke knows it directly. If he is using the name from the show or the title of the show...

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30591-[FR]-Show-more-information-for-live-tv-recordings' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'> http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30591-[FR]-Show-more-information-for-live-tv-recordings

blauter78

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30591-[FR]-Show-more-information-for-live-tv-recordings' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'> http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30591-[FR]-Show-more-information-for-live-tv-recordings

Glad I am not the only one having the issue. I thought it was an issue with my setup when I couldn't find any posts on it.

I would love to see the show name above the title instead of the channel call sign and move the call sign next to the channel icon.