Can't add media folders to library

frdrcv

Hi everyone,

I just installed emby-server 3.0.5821.1 on Antergos and it's running. I've done the config setup but I can't add any folder to my library. When I go to library/Folders, all I got is a loading circle (can't get it on the screenshot but it's there and spinning) and no option to add any folders :

I've waited and tried many times without success. I've joined the log to this post.

Thanks.

Log.txt

Edited by frdrcv

To be accurate, in fact, I've installed the 3.0.5821.1 version with the errors mentioned before. After that I tried the git version without even being able to even get to the the configuration wizard. So, I reinstalled the 3.0.5821.1 and I've the same exact problem (the log file I joined in my last message have been done after this third attempt). I've never used emby before.

Ok, I do apologize but there's a fundamental problem here and I"m not really sure what it is. I wonder if there's some kind of compatibility issue with the version of mono or sqlite - both of your versions are very new and I'm not sure we've tested them yet. we'll look into it. thanks.

Is there any specific reason why are you using Antergos? As far as I can read is based on Arch but I'm not sure how much different from it. We definitively didn't test it.

As alternatives you can try other supported distros like Arch itself, Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, etc or even the official docker container.

Just my two cents.

Antergos is not that much different then a pure Arch installation: the two main differences are that the distribution is shipped with a GUI interface to install all you need without having to interact with the console and an additional package source. This source is supposed to be composed of packages specifically adapted to Antergos and, as I see there : https://build.antergos.com/browse/main, Emby isn't modified or delivered by Antergos, but downloaded from the arch's community repo. I'll try to dualboot Ubuntu to see if it works, but this is not really the solution I would prefer. This is the only machine I'm using right now, and as I want freshly updated software, and I don't have the time right now to build an arch installation. Eventually I would acquire a server and this wouldn't be a problem, but right now I would prefer to stay on Antergos.

Edited by frdrcv

Antergos is not that much different then a pure Arch installation: the two main differences are that the distribution is shipped with a GUI interface to install all you need without having to interact with the console and an additional package source. This source is supposed to be composed of packages specifically adapted to Antergos and, as I see there : https://build.antergos.com/browse/main, Emby isn't modified or delivered by Antergos, but downloaded from the arch's community repo. I'll try to dualboot Ubuntu to see if it works, but this is not really the solution I would prefer. This is the only machine I'm using right now, and as I want freshly updated software, and I don't have the time right now to build an arch installation. Eventually I would acquire a server and this wouldn't be a problem, but right now I would prefer to stay on Antergos.

In that case I can suggest to try our official Docker container if you want to keep Antergos and don't go through the struggle of installing also Ubuntu. Another option would be to run Emby in a KVM VM but the Docker way should be faster and simpler (plus I bet more people will be able to help you with any problem).

I'm just trying to give you options here because I'm not familiar with Arch or Antergos at all. :)

Edited by fc7

In that case I can suggest to try our official Docker container if you want to keep Antergos and don't go through the struggle of installing also Ubuntu. Another option would be to run Emby in a KVM VM but the Docker way should be faster and simpler (plus I bet more people will be able to help you with any problem).

I'm just trying to give you options here because I'm not familiar with Arch or Antergos at all. :)

Never used Docker before, but I'll give it a try this weekend then, a VM seems a bit overkill but could work too indeed.

And thanks for your help, I really appreciate it! :)

Never used Docker before, but I'll give it a try this weekend then, a VM seems a bit overkill but could work too indeed.

And thanks for your help, I really appreciate it! :)

There are instructions on how to use our Docker container in the forum and on the website (I think). Docker should be your first option since a VM as you said may be overkill.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

hurricanehrndz

Hi everyone,

I just installed emby-server 3.0.5821.1 on Antergos and it's running. I've done the config setup but I can't add any folder to my library. When I go to library/Folders, all I got is a loading circle (can't get it on the screenshot but it's there and spinning) and no option to add any folders :

I've waited and tried many times without success. I've joined the log to this post.

Thanks.

What browser are you using? It could be the browser.