Chromecast not visible on device list

jferris

Hi

I've both a first gen and second gen Chromecast.

Neither are visible on the device list when clicking the cast button within the app, only 'My device'.

Other castable apps on my phone have no problem seeing the Chromecasts.

Please advise?

Edited by jferris

Hi, welcome. Is this after opening the app, or after joining your wifi network? Can you try closing the app, re-opening, then see if it shows up? Thanks.

hamboblank

Hi there,

I have also been experiencing issues with emby and chromecast.

I can screen mirror and connect to other chromecast apps using android phones or windows laptops. However when I use the emby web player on the pcs, and use the chromecast extensions' "Cast this tab to..." option it only mirrors the emby web player/page and does not start the emby chromecast app.

Also on the emby for android app it is intermittent whether the chromecast turns up in the device list, I can only connect to/see it on a galaxy s3 not a galaxy s5.

I have restarted all devices, including the server, router and chromecast yet no improvement.

Cheers.

Hi, welcome. Is this after opening the app, or after joining your wifi network? Can you try closing the app, re-opening, then see if it shows up? Thanks.

I've tried restarting my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Same issue.