FrontView+ [for Windows]iMon replacement, NowPlaying 2nd Screen

GlennNZ

jachin99

I dug through the github page, and found this https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/blob/master/FrontView/Plugins/Remote.Emby/Api/ClassAuthenicateByUser/AuthenicateByUser.cs  I cant be sure that is the right file for everything related to emby authentication but it looks like the last change was 6 years ago.  I don´t know much but this looks like it could be some authentication components? 

private string accessTokenField;

private string serverIdField;

private AuthenticationResultSessionInfo sessionInfoField;

private AuthenticationResultUser userField;

GlennNZ

Hi
It has changed before - was back in 2019 - so good chance either it has changed again or your username/password isn’t working.
Like the user a few pages back would try a new user without a password and see if that works.
Meanwhile I’ll have a look when/if can.

Glenn

jachin99

I found an option to not require passwords on the LAN so after enabling that front iew had no problems finding emby.  I have configured my device and user but I'm not getting now playing info.  I still want to tinker around with things a little bit but library syncing looks to be mostly working with a few possible caveats.  Thanks for responding to my questions.

GlennNZ

Ok

Have a had good look at this once found the most uptodate code base.

Good news - this seems to be a PEBKAC problem.

I can login with standard name and usual password - Frontview finds details and connects (highlighted by appearance of the Emby logo).  Click Add and remote added.

Details illustrated below:

embyuserpage.png.2a84a49dcc3ab382a74fb8f82d636d4b.png

frontviewlogin.png.0a30f97237eb75d08bff18f7d2989c7c.png

Now the now playing Info - this depends on the selected User within the Emby Plugin FrontView API
The selected User is the one selected in the Emby Settings, Frontview API Plugin page - select the user and instance running.

eg. Glenn on Web Browser etc.

I found on my install I had a lot of entries here.  Can manually edit the %appdata/Roaming/Emby-Server/programdata/plugins/configurations file MediaBrowser.Plugins.Frontview.xml on the Emby Server if need to.  But be careful.

Delete the <DeviceInfoList></DeviceInfoList> entries.
Making sure to keep the rest there.

Will need to restart Emby Server after doing so.

The Plugin auto populates this when a new device connects.  Which functioned correctly on my install after deleting all devices, and then starting playback - this new device was found here.

Hopefully this helps

Glenn

jachin99

Glenn, Iĺl try that out, thanks.  Iḿ still working with the weather but the only other issue I have noticed is that Iḿ not getting now playing info for live TV.  I get it for everything else I have tried but not TV.  Thanks.  

• 2 weeks later...
jachin99

@GlennNZ I'm having trouble getting the weather to work after setting that up.  I see a message in the error log about frontview not seeing a JSON file that is titled after my weather location ID.  I created the file but I'm not sure exactly what goes in there or how to format it.  Thanks.  

GlennNZ
2 hours ago, jachin99 said:

@GlennNZ I'm having trouble getting the weather to work after setting that up.  I see a message in the error log about frontview not seeing a JSON file that is titled after my weather location ID.  I created the file but I'm not sure exactly what goes in there or how to format it.  Thanks.  

You don’t create the file.  It will be created once weather connects.

Have you added/created the API key as needed?
Add the correct Key, location, and wait is basically all there is to it.