FrontView+ [for Windows]iMon replacement, NowPlaying 2nd Screen

GlennNZ

GlennNZ

Further Release 1.114

Minor changes for WeatherAPI (Changes Icons depending on current Sunset or not for both current and Forecast){Rightly or wrongly for Forecast} Happy to have feedback.
(current Icons can be changed - they are a skin item within Skin directory - wide range of icons to choose from online)

EMBY remote Update:  Fix for Updated Trailers Change/Server Update/Backwards compatible

Add DimAmount and Time of Dim /Dim Time to Settings screens. (as below)
57132daf93cea_DimSettingsscreen.png

Thanks

Glenn

jjstecchino

Glenn, thank you for the good work. Frontview+ really brought back new life to an otherwise great but useless case.

I have been out of town, but I look forward to try the new version as I get home.

Also I have been trying to learn the NSIS compiler as it would allow the flexibility of just including the background image in the setup file (keeping it small), select just the skins you want to install (thus limiting the install size) and do all the necessary copying from the default skin at install time.

Also I am going to try a different photoshop technique on the background images to achieve a more consistent look. Any particular color you may think it should be included?

On a different note on the acquiring remote control function if not detected at startup. I found that the 2 minutes delay works but it is inconvenient. If you turn on the system (TV, PC, Receiver using the media remote controller (mine is a harmony)) with the pc set up to start in sequence iMon, then FrontView+, then emby so that this one is full screen and has focus (so that it can be controlled by the harmony remote without needing mouse or keyboard to restore focus), If you try to select a movie from the case screen, the remote function have not activated yet. Could the check for SupportsRemote null & remote command attempted recheck if client running and whether supports remote be delayed maybe 30 sec, then performed at a shorter interval say 10-15 sec, maybe repeated 20 times before estabilishing that no remote is available for good? This should give the emby client time to start and connect to the server. This may work better to make the remote function available sooner, unless the call to SupportRemote is very expensive in terms of time it takes to complete in which case it may not work well. Are there many clients that do not support remote functions or it can be assumed that remote control is almost always available and that the likely scenario is that the client has not started yet? Would an xml setting to force remote functions always available, if you know they are, a useful thing?

Just food for thoughts

GlennNZ

Hi (quick reply from phone)
Think have fixed the remote issue a few builds up (1.111 I think - sorry - a few posts since but have been busy!).

Startup order or delay shouldn't matter all should work now.
(Changed variable SupportRemote to nullable bool - giving null, true or false. Rechecks if attempt at remote command when null. Seems to have fixed order)

On re-reading your post - presume this is with fixed 1.111 version?

If so Didn't think about starting playback from playlist/select movie screen - will add check for supportsRemote null in that routine when can.

Good luck on the skins - NSIS would allow smaller files - does seem difficult to get to gripes with.  (There are a few opensource wizard's for NSIS which can simplify.)

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by GlennNZ

jjstecchino

Hello Glenn, I finally had a chance to try 1.114. The remote part seems to work well. The weather however is giving me problems.

As I go to the weather setup screen, I put in my WU api key (I know it works as I use it on my raspberry PI controlled sprinkler system).

I can search for my town and I can find it without issues. I select it and then I push on select location ID. In the search box I see in parenthesis after my town followed a "/q/' followed by zipcode.1.99999. After I click on select location ID, on the location text box I see only "/q/" without zip..., instead of the city name. I saved the settings anyway and on the setting.xml file there is indeed the correct WU city code (zip.1.99999).

The right upper corner of the screen shows the current temperature but no weather icon. If I double click to bring up the weather screen nothing happens.

I checked the logs with trace enabled and I do not see any errors under weather. under cache\weather there are up to date and correctly formed json files for the weather and the forecast. 

If you want to try on your system the location is greenwood, sc, zip 29646

GlennNZ

Thanks for the feedback.

It may be because you are using the (older) non default skin which doesn't have the new weather icons?

(I have updated your 'skin pack' downloadable above/first page with the new weather icons - but these skin changes are new for the new weather so won't work with your already modified skins )

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

jjstecchino

Thanks for the feedback.

It may be because you are using the (older) non default skin which doesn't have the new weather icons?

(I have updated your 'skin pack' downloadable above/first page with the new weather icons - but these skin changes are new for the new weather so won't work with your already modified skins )

Glenn

It was just that. Updated  the icons and works fine

jjstecchino

What do you think about an option to hide the front view+ icon in the tray, instead of having it conspicuously on the task bar? 

GlennNZ

What do you think about an option to hide the front view+ icon in the tray, instead of having it conspicuously on the task bar? 

No problem.

Build 1.115 attached - which does just that - setting in xml file 

https://www.mediafire.com/?w8nubvruu5mjz44

Just to confirm - Remote control all good?  I haven't added checks from within the playlist function - but on my testing seems to work, presumably picked up earlier.  If any issues let me know.

Glenn

GlennNZ
Release 1.116

Remove Emby Virtual episodes from local database

Fix for some Trace logging if no remote

Change TV Show sort to order by latest episodes - selection in Library Settings

(Order TV Shows by Show-  but those with latest episode first)

eg.

571d9353be00d_NewSettings.png

Eg. Sort order based on Episode Date

571d937518674_NewEpisodeorderSort.png

Download from MediaFire

Glenn

GlennNZ

Big Update

Version 1.125

Purpose of this update is to the creation of a "Quick Refresh" of the local Sql Library.

As per past post - Date Sort now functions correctly for TV and Movies - sorted on last added Episode or Movie; in descending order.

This is not that useful as a full library refresh takes a while (on my library about 10 minutes).  Hence the need for a quicker refresh.

This has been enabled for both Emby and Kodi Remote Connections/dlls.  Should run in around 5-10 seconds.  Downloads latest episodes (30) and latest movies only to keep database up-to-date without needing a full refresh.

I have also moved to using wyUpdate.exe to update FrontView+ into the further - that is included and there are new links in the settings page.  Hopefully all going well what that will mean is this will be the last MediaFire Install package for a while.  Any updates can be checked for and very quickly downloaded (as avoids downloaded all the Mbs of skin data)

Some other changes/bug fixes.

The Database should automatically update - the date data for Movies will not be present until a full Library Refresh is run (new more obvious button for this in Settings).

If any issues - first thing to try is to delete FrontView+.db file in Appdata and restart and reset up Remote connection.  That will start Db afresh.  (but have tested on various Db versions and update works well)

Other Changes:
Version 1.125
Major SQL Database Changes addition of Date/Needs DB update - which should occur.
Date data will not be present until a full Library Download is run.
Settings Buttons Additions.
If issues - delete FrontView+.db file and restart, resetting up Remote
Movie Sort to Date Added
Fixes for IDRemote Data
Change to using WyUpdate to download small updates (hopefully the last mediafire install package needed)

572453a143e61_NewSettingsScreen.png

Tv and Movie Sort Examples:

572457b612d64_TVMovieSort.png

Version 1.125  (Run update to quicky move to 1.126 as a test)

https://www.mediafire.com/?zd1hy6pggg86rob

Edited by GlennNZ

GlennNZ

Version 1.130

(Should Auto Update - download any version above 1.125 and Click - Check for Updates)

- Some bug fixes for Quick Refresh

- Fix for Emby missing Season selection screen

- Automatic notify if updates available (within Settings Screen)

- Change Movie sort to DateCreated rather than PremeireDate

- Typo fix

- Update Emby reported API Connection Details

• 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for a wonderful plug-in, it looks great and is very useful on my 10 inch LCD screen, which is connected as a second monitor to the HTPC in the lounge via VGA.

May I request a couple of minor 'tweaks' for future releases?

On the 'Now Playing' screen, the font size is a little too small to read from the sofa, a few feet away from the screen, could it be made a bit bigger?

Also, it would be nice to have some info on the Now Playing screen about the video / audio of the file that is currently playing (eg HD / SD / mkv / mp4 / 5.1 / DTS etc.)

Many thanks!

lisa

Hi, I have hit a problem with Frontview+.

I am a brand new user to Emby and have been testing it on my laptop, I got frontview+ configured and it was working lovely.

I have now finished the 'testing stage' and have installed Emby Server on my Media Server (MISSY), but I can't get Frontview+ to work with it, I have installed / uninstalled multiple times and rebooted everything multiple times, but the problem I have is that the Frontview+ plug in on the Emby Server on my Media Server will not see any devices, screenshot here:

57718d90b61f3_01.jpg

Same Server showing devices:

57718e25cdeb9_02.jpg

And frontview installed on the lounge PC which is running Emby Theatre, is connected to the Media Server (MISSY) okay (login details removed for screenshot purposes):

57718f92a93b9_Capture1.jpg57718fa54744e_Capture2.jpg

Any ideas please on how I can get this working with media server (MISSY) please?

Edited by Guest

This would be nice to be able to run on a tablet or phone. Having the second screen with the actors and other info for whatever is playing is a big bonus. I have extra android devices if there was someway to have this on there.

Xzener

Cant believe I've never seen this thread. Nice work on this @@GlennNZ Just purchased a Mimo UM-740 to try this out. I have high hopes. Keep up the great work.

GlennNZ

Hi, I have hit a problem with Frontview+.

I am a brand new user to Emby and have been testing it on my laptop, I got frontview+ configured and it was working lovely.

I have now finished the 'testing stage' and have installed Emby Server on my Media Server (MISSY), but I can't get Frontview+ to work with it, I have installed / uninstalled multiple times and rebooted everything multiple times, but the problem I have is that the Frontview+ plug in on the Emby Server on my Media Server will not see any devices, screenshot here:

Same Server showing devices:

And frontview installed on the lounge PC which is running Emby Theatre, is connected to the Media Server (MISSY) okay (login details removed for screenshot purposes):

57718f92a93b9_Capture1.jpg57718fa54744e_Capture2.jpg

Any ideas please on how I can get this working with media server (MISSY) please?

Hi Sorry to hear the issues with new server.

I'm away so can't actually change anything code-wise at the moment - but what software is the new Emby server running (MISSY) - still Windows or some other version of emby?

The non-windows Emby versions do have some issues with various assembly references and I'm presume would require some moderate code changes. (Which happy to look at when back in a few weeks)

To double check config file issues - would also delete the plugin config file, located just beneath the server plugin directory and restart the emby server.

Hopefully this provides so help - let me know how you go and will reply as can.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for responding.

Emby Server on Missy is running on Windows 8.1, whereas on the laptop it is running on Windows 10.

Good news is, I have now got it working, I don't really know how, multiple installs / uninstalls and reboots and suddenly it sprung to life  :)

Xzener

Glenn... Just got done following your progress around the net, from the Kodi forum to here. I am very excited to try out FrontView+. I gotta ask, does your app support portrait as well as landscape support?

Xzener

Ok, in preparation for my new Mimo display, I thought I would go ahead and try this out. The FrontView+ program installed fine. Connection to Emby Server is fine (library issues). The only thing I cant get to work is the Emby plugin. Even though Emby Theater is running (same machine as the server), the plugin does not see ET.

Capture_zpsptyj67qt.png

Could the fact that everything is running on the same machine cause conflictions??

FV+ seems to be running ok, but my Movies is all messed up. I have two folders for movies, HD Movies, and DVD Movies. FV+ seems to be confused and is attempting to combine them. When I click "Movies" on FV+, it goes to a screen showing my collection icons, with a backdrop for one of them... Its strange. Here is a picture...

Capture_zpsbhyieq1b.png

I have a feeling your program would need to be rewritten to add multiple "Movie" folders. Why doesn't it just pull your Library items from Emby Server, see below...

Capture_zpsqik6bjmd.png

TV Series is being pulled and is presented in FV+, but the collection is not in alphabetical order (yours isn't either, looking at your screens above)...

Capture_zpsqop9lfxz.png

Edited by Xzener

GlennNZ

Glenn... Just got done following your progress around the net, from the Kodi forum to here. I am very excited to try out FrontView+. I gotta ask, does your app support portrait as well as landscape support?

All quite skinable by the user with XML files - in skin directory - just duplicate skin directory, rename and change whatever is needed.

Should be relatively easy to do both.

Glenn

• Like 1

GlennNZ

Ok, in preparation for my new Mimo display, I thought I would go ahead and try this out. The FrontView+ program installed fine. Connection to Emby Server is fine (library issues). The only thing I cant get to work is the Emby plugin. Even though Emby Theater is running (same machine as the server), the plugin does not see ET.

Capture_zpsptyj67qt.png

Could the fact that everything is running on the same machine cause conflictions??

Do you have any devices in the pull down box?

The one hook the Emby plugin has is any new device being added - once that happens it refreshes all devices - so can take a variable amount of time for that to occur.

Connect with a mobile device rarely used to force this refresh.

FV+ seems to be running ok, but my Movies is all messed up. I have two folders for movies, HD Movies, and DVD Movies. FV+ seems to be confused and is attempting to combine them. When I click "Movies" on FV+, it goes to a screen showing my collection icons, with a backdrop for one of them... Its strange. Here is a picture...

Capture_zpsbhyieq1b.png

I have a feeling your program would need to be rewritten to add multiple "Movie" folders. Why doesn't it just pull your Library items from Emby Server, see below...

FrontView+ creates a entirely new local sql database for whatever remote or multiple Kodi/Emby connections.

Hence all Movies and all TVs are rightly combined into one Movie or TV database. It does not break them up further regardless of your individual source structure. Hence it is very fast at browsing because everything is local.

In fact it can't have multiple higher level items because it needs a static Sql database structure to work with.

The strange bit after Movies I'm not quite following - all movies should be combined but it is possible it is doing something else with your multiple movie folder structure.

As it doesn't expect multiple folders - although this would depend on how the Emby Api reports in this setting. (Or what Emby API call I used). Certainly could have a look at that when return - but still would be one combined folder - but should look the similar to TV series one.

What happens when you go into these folders?

TV Series is being pulled and is presented in FV+, but the collection is not in alphabetical order (yours isn't either, looking at your screens above)...

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/xzener/Capture_zpsqop9lfxz.

It depends on the Library setting - likely defaulting to most recently added episode sort order. Most recently added episode show appears first. Turn that off in settings to go back to alphabetical.

572453a143e61_NewSettingsScreen.png

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

Xzener

The dropdown is blank. Its been hours since installing the plugin, no clients (and I have tried multiple) show up.

Attempting the fix for sort order, will get back to you on that.

If I click one of my library icons under "Movies", this is all I get, no movies to choose from.

5777f79ecd652_Capture.png

Xzener

What web browser are you using? I have tried both Edge and IE (on Windows 10).

EDIT: Just installed Chrome... Still no devices.

Where is FV+ Emby plugin supposed to be?? Its not in the normal spot, pehaps that is the problem...

C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\plugins\ <---- No FV+ plugin

Edited by Xzener

GlennNZ

The dropdown is blank. Its been hours since installing the plugin, no clients (and I have tried multiple) show up.

Attempting the fix for sort order, will get back to you on that.

If I click one of my library icons under "Movies", this is all I get, no movies to choose from.

5777f79ecd652_Capture.png

Ok - the device list should appear eventually - every time a new device connects to Emby it forces a refresh of the whole device list. Needs to be a new Emby client /device though - one not seen before - this was a Limitation of the Emby Api hook unless a check was run based on a time interval which seemed a waste of resources. (Connect new mobile client or different browser ie. Explorer or sometime not used to force it)

Movie library - will be because have two Movie folders and only checks Main Emby selection screen for Movies - and then gets two folders (those shown) when expected list of movies. Can have a look at that and pull all movies regardless of folder instead (having had a brief look at GitHub code - as mentioned a few posts back away presently for a bit )

Glenn