FrontView+ [for Windows]iMon replacement, NowPlaying 2nd Screen

GlennNZ

GlennNZ
On 09/05/2022 at 11:31, jachin99 said:

Glenn, the now playing info isn't working for live tv on wmby server betas 4.7.x. Is there any way you might look into fixing this?  I'll post logs in a bit if need be.  Thanks

Seems fine on 4.7.0.38 to me..,.

On emby that is, haven't tried wmby :)

Glenn

jachin99

Well thats the problem!!!  I need EMBY!!!.  All joking aside, I'll keep looking.  I don't think the remote connection is completing.  I don't have remote control of emby via frontview either so I think something just needs to be cleared out or refreshed somewhere.  I always get thrown off by this because it works for movies and TV but not Cable, or remote control (Which I rarely use so I never really know if its working)

• 3 months later...
RedKingOne

First allow me to say THANK YOU!!  to the community for all of the help. This forum without questions helped me to get systems up and running. Attached I am dropping a quote, unquote guide for doing an integration between Emby, FrontView+ and the MoviePoster app. These are the steps that worked for me after a whole lot of reading through here. Thought id share it with the community and hopefully help someone else down the line. As stated in the text file, this is not a complete how to guide. This guide assumes that you have a functional Emby server. Best of luck to you all with your projects.

INSTALLATION GUIDE.txt

• 1 year later...
Dukefrukem

Hi Glenn, or others. I might be having user error problem, but I cannot seem to identify what is going on and hoping for some guidance. 

I haven't made it past the setup screen adding my Plex Server; Remote IP, Remote Port, User name and password all are correct. I can connect to my plex server from inside and outside my network on several other devices. But when I click the verify button I get: "Bad Remote Parameter. Please check that remote is running and correctly configured"

Is there something obvious I am missing here? 

• Confused 1

Dukefrukem

For clarity, I'm running the latest version of FV on a pocket PC; trying to connect to my Plex Server running on my Synology server. 

I've verified my username and password by logging into plex on my phone and another PC. IP address and port are staring me in the face in the address bar. So I'm not sure why It can't connect. 

• Confused 1

Dukefrukem
3 hours ago, jaycedk said:

@Dukefrukemwhy are you asking about Plex in this Forum ?

This Forum is about Emby.

There's dozens of posts about PLEX in this thread. 

Dukefrukem
On 8/13/2022 at 3:12 AM, RedKingOne said:

First allow me to say THANK YOU!!  to the community for all of the help. This forum without questions helped me to get systems up and running. Attached I am dropping a quote, unquote guide for doing an integration between Emby, FrontView+ and the MoviePoster app. These are the steps that worked for me after a whole lot of reading through here. Thought id share it with the community and hopefully help someone else down the line. As stated in the text file, this is not a complete how to guide. This guide assumes that you have a functional Emby server. Best of luck to you all with your projects.

INSTALLATION GUIDE.txt 8.61 kB · 18 downloads

I'm still trying to get this to work, so I switched to Emby, but that XML file and directory you say to change does not show up. There is no configuration directory in the Emby directory. Any ideas?

GlennNZ

Hi!

Plex is very poorly supported, and perhaps not at all anymore from what you describe.  I would be guessing they have changed their API so that Frontview no longer works with Plex.  If I have significant motivation - I’ll have a look, and see if easy fix -  but basically Plex support has always been basic.

Emby still should work, and continues to appropriately connect according to my testing.

I haven’t seen these helpful Installation guide instructions.    Thanks!  

For Emby you need to install via Emby plugins ‘store’ the Frontview API.  Then select the emby instance you wish to report to Frontview (FV) in the web selector.  If the web selector is a bit dicey can edit the XML file.  (I would guess that is what the installation.txt is referring to).  But all going well should need to as the web selector should display the instances.

Edit:  Checked the Installation txt - all looks good!
In that the instructions manually install the emby Frontview API plugin.  Although can use the Emby plugin download directory.

https://postimg.cc/xqKp7QPQ

https://postimg.cc/4HCjZFY5

https://postimg.cc/ZvtYgH4k

If this doesn’t aid -  Probably need to start from the beginning as to what you have done.

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

Dukefrukem
21 hours ago, GlennNZ said:

Hi!

Plex is very poorly supported, and perhaps not at all anymore from what you describe.  I would be guessing they have changed their API so that Frontview no longer works with Plex.  If I have significant motivation - I’ll have a look, and see if easy fix -  but basically Plex support has always been basic.

Emby still should work, and continues to appropriately connect according to my testing.

I haven’t seen these helpful Installation guide instructions.    Thanks!  

For Emby you need to install via Emby plugins ‘store’ the Frontview API.  Then select the emby instance you wish to report to Frontview (FV) in the web selector.  If the web selector is a bit dicey can edit the XML file.  (I would guess that is what the installation.txt is referring to).  But all going well should need to as the web selector should display the instances.

Edit:  Checked the Installation txt - all looks good!
In that the instructions manually install the emby Frontview API plugin.  Although can use the Emby plugin download directory.

https://postimg.cc/xqKp7QPQ

https://postimg.cc/4HCjZFY5

https://postimg.cc/ZvtYgH4k

If this doesn’t aid -  Probably need to start from the beginning as to what you have done.

Glenn

Ah okay. I delete the API that was installed manually (and broken), restarted my emby server, installed the API from the catalog, restarted the emby server and I can FINALLY select a device from the drop down. That part was broken for me. 

Everything is setup and working now. Thank you for your help. 

Is there any easy way to get those cool motion posters now? Or do I have to fiddle with the source?

image.thumb.png.730128d8a09b34911095dba35252d92c.png

GlennNZ

Thats good all is working.

You are going to have to explain what you mean by “cool motion posters”

Dukefrukem
On 1/11/2024 at 5:25 PM, GlennNZ said:

Thats good all is working.

You are going to have to explain what you mean by “cool motion posters”

The ones in this guy's videos. I found a few but not really sure where they come from. 

• 4 weeks later...
Teddyknuddel

Frontview no longer works with Emby Server 4.8.0.80
I can no longer see any devices in the list. An update/refresh does not help either.
Screenshot_1.png.f76dc6bce62db7a9acbedf121e025094.png

Teddyknuddel

No reaction? Never mind - luckily I only use Kodi as Emby can no longer cope with 4K material. Kodi + Frontview is fortunately not dependent on Emby.

• 3 weeks later...

The Emby plugin needs a compatibility update for 4.8:

Is the plugin source code available? I'm happy to help with it as it will probably only take me a few minutes. Thanks.