'Scan library' button to sidebar please?

badaas

badaas

As sometimes my NAS is off when emby scans or auto organises etc content gets marked offline, which causes grief for kodi plugin.

Can we have a scan button in general sidebar for quick scans?

• Like 1

AdrianW

Here's a post of mine from 19 months ago where I suggested something similar:

I do think that it would make sense to move the "Scan Library" button from the bottom of the library config page to the top, or just put it on the dashboard page where it would be even quicker to access (it could go right next to the Restart and Shutdown buttons).

I'm in a similar situation to you - I have a NAS that I power down every night - and I don't want Emby scanning it when it's not available as it marks everything as offline. So, I have turned off all the scan tasks and I run it manually after adding new content.

You're definitely not the only one who would appreciate a scan button on the home page.

• Like 1

ginjaninja

couldnt a difference between, awareness of device not present and media not present on present device, prevent the issue in the first place..just wondering.

the scan has to remove content which is... well ...removed... (half the  point of the task).but perhaps not if the parent device is not there....

perhaps an improved design is an option to mark a point in the library tree eg. device as 'removable'.

Why doesnt it just scan offline sources when server comes online, why do we have to press an obfuscated button ...?

It does.  The next library scan will fix it up.

However, there really isn't any good way for us to know exactly when that other server becomes available.  I don't think we want to go into some sort of polling loop for an indeterminate time for something that may or may not ever come back.