Openelec http stream stopping unexpectedly

screwfaze
Go to solution Solved by screwfaze,

screwfaze

Hi,

I have been trying to stream over the internet but my films keep stopping without warning. I hope someone can tell me how to fix this I have attached a log from my server will have logs from openelec tomorrow if needed.

Thanks,

Al

Angelblue05

You started playing something really early on after your Kodi profile was loaded. You were actually playing content while a major manual sync was happening which could explain the playback competing for server resources. You could probably run a manual sync once, then restart Kodi and it should be fine. Out of curiosity, did you add/remove access to a library for the emby user?

screwfaze

Hi,

I have updated the kodi addon and recreated the database. Issue still happening I have attached the kodi log. It happens randomly at different times only when transcoding. If I stream a show that does not require transcoding then it does not happen.

Thanks,

Al

Angelblue05

I'm not sure the issue lies with the add-on. The log suggests your connection to your server is being interrupted. So check your connection. Are you accessing your content remotely? Have you tried without the ddns, using the external ip to see if it performs better? There seems to be read timeouts in your log, with the error "No Route to host". Check your router settings and firewall. If you transcode in the webclient, do you experience a similar disconnect?

Edited by Angelblue05

• Solution
screwfaze

Hi,

I restarted both routers and have not had any problems playing remotely using Openelec. Must have been a network problem thanks once again for all the help.

Thanks,

Al

• Like 1