Trailers plugin with coverart?

BAS

@@ebr

Coverart appears to be treating the trailers plugin area with my folder treatment. Tried a few different scenarios but regardless of what I put in coverart config for the trailers section it is not using them. Am I missing something simple?

Server 3.0.5865.0

Trailers 1.0.5810.30116

CoverArt 4.0.9.8

Also any chance of this being looked into... http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/12565-coverart-indicator-overlay-trailers/?hl=%2Bcoverart+%2Bindicator+%2Boverlay

Thanks

Happy2Play

You saying trailers aren't being treated with Trailer treatment?

56b471657453d_trailers.jpg

Same versions

Yep happy that is what I'm after but for some reason they are sapphire cover treatments even though the trailer tab is set to the same exact cover style in your screenshot. Even tried a full refresh on the trailers category telling it to get new art again and info again thinking it would cause a reprocess no luck.

Edited by BAS

They probably are not being seen as trailers somehow.

Post a server log from when one of the covers gets generated.

They probably are not being seen as trailers somehow.

Post a server log from when one of the covers gets generated.

Well hopefully the time we spent back and forth today will shed some light on a fix. Thanks for your time.

Happy2Play

If your issue isn't already resolved, have you tried Specific Covers mapping trailers to trailers?  I had to do this previously but somethings changed and it was no longer needed on my system.

Edited by Happy2Play

If your issue isn't already resolved, have you tried Specific Covers mapping trailers to trailers?  I had to do this previously but somethings changed and it was no longer needed on my system.

Yep I did try that as well with no luck.

I think we discovered what it is and it is something that probably broke a very long time ago when "Trailers" ceased to be an actual media type.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

So would this be a setting in an old config file?  It would only affect older installations?

I don't think so.  I think you don't see it because you have your Movie and Trailer treatments set to the same type.

1. Yep it's going by the case treatment on Movies, not trailers. If I picked Sapphire there is no case equivalent for trailers and regardless of what I set in the trailer tab it was ignored.

Picked a treatment like metro for movies and trailers, all works as expected.

Picked a different case treatment for Movies, Case this time. Trailer tab was set to metro treatment, The trailers in library were treated with the Case treatment from the movies tab. 

So say all I want coverart to do is treating my trailers, that doesn't seem to be an option at this time.

All of this would be pointless for me but trailers are being mixed into suggestions for users, and there is currently no way to hide that from happening as the server option was removed.

Edited by BAS

Luke - have trailers changed the way they are exposed recently?

The plug-in is looking for a channel item with an "ExtraType" of "Trailer".  

Happy2Play

Ah I see now.  I wonder if this was a change when channel grouping was removed?  I know I had different treatments on my stable but don't now.

Edited by Happy2Play

Luke - have trailers changed the way they are exposed recently?

The plug-in is looking for a channel item with an "ExtraType" of "Trailer".  

that should still work.

Happy2Play

They are "ChannelVideoItem" now, not sure what they were before without restoring an older server version.

<div data-itemid="02cb99fff6a070b77e2368e03017a466" data-commands="edit,addtocollection,editsubtitles,editimages" data-itemtype="ChannelVideoItem" data-mediatype="Video" data-playaccess="Full" data-locationtype="Remote" data-index="0" data-channelid="cddcf570335ca8b34a168cbfbbd3872f" class="card portraitCard">
Edited by Happy2Play