How do you remove a Pin from Easy Pin Code?

Happy2Play

Happy2Play

I can set a Easy Pin number and change the pin, but I am unable to remove and save "no pin", for local access.  Already messed up a couple accounts testing this, they now require pin or password to log in locally.  Not specific to Official or Beta, didn't test on dev.

Happy2Play

Clicking reset password in the dashboard clears everything on screen to allow entering a new password,  once new password is entered the Easy Pin is still populated with previous pin.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Only way I have found to remove/reset pin to "no pin" is deleting and re-adding the user, then restoring userdata via plugin.

This whole feature is actually going to go away at some point. We're going to replace it with an equivalent of the emby connect pin code sign in, which won't require any pre-requisite setup at all.

Happy2Play

Hmm never thought to look there.  Is this new or has it always been in Connect?

Web Client

56b6bdf9f08e6_webclient.jpg

Emby Connect

56b6be1b3b275_connect.jpg

No what I mean is the pin process that is part of the startup wizard for TV based apps like seeing theater and roku

This whole feature is actually going to go away at some point. We're going to replace it with an equivalent of the emby connect pin code sign in, which won't require any pre-requisite setup at all.

The PIN process we use with Connect is a one-time operation and, after that, it is remembered and not needed again.

This PIN is entirely different as it is simply a replacement for a password that is too cumbersome to be entered with a remote control but that still needs to be entered on each application start.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

Am I the only one that doesn't see a reset option in the web client as shown in post #6?  I checked IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox.

v3.0.5884.0

Happy2Play

Now the option has been removed from Connect to reset Easy Pin.

So one is forced to delete and recreate user to remove pin.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

@@Luke, I can reset Easy Pin via myprofile.html but not userpassword.html.  Looks like the difference is (style="display:none;") in userpassword.html.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/blob/fdd93ce88b4a9e583e8ea12b98f21d16c0425bc2/MediaBrowser.WebDashboard/dashboard-ui/myprofile.html#L103

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/blob/fdd93ce88b4a9e583e8ea12b98f21d16c0425bc2/MediaBrowser.WebDashboard/dashboard-ui/userpassword.html#L75

Edited by Happy2Play