No Audio with DTS

pprezzla

pprezzla

I have emby theatre installed on windows 10,

HDMI > LG TV > Digital out to SONOS Playbar (with two Play 1 Surrounds)

I am getting no sound through my system when the movie is DTS audio. AC3 Works fine. I am fairly sure I have tried every combination of playback setting at least twice.

The strange thing is, DTS movies work if I use the Emby Windows App.

Can anyone help?

theater-63590139907.txt

Jdiesel

No, i don't think aero is on Windows 10. Are you saying i should or shouldn't have it enabled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have it enabled.

pprezzla

You should have it enabled.

I checked into it and (C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero.theme) is already enabled.

It is the default windows theme in windows 10 but is named 'Windows' in control panel.

I am unsure as to why a theme could affect the DTS audio not working in Emby Theatre when it works fine in the Windows Emby App.

Jdiesel

I checked into it and (C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero.theme) is already enabled.

It is the default windows theme in windows 10 but is named 'Windows' in control panel.

I am unsure as to why a theme could affect the DTS audio not working in Emby Theatre when it works fine in the Windows Emby App.

There was another user that was having similar problems with bitstreaming and enabling aero was the fix.  The new ET relies on aero for some of it's features and if it is not detected it will disable them. I'm not sure what the status of the warning is but at one point you would get a prompt when starting ET if aero was disabled stating that some features may be missing.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30548-theatre-surround-sound-and-guide/

Have you tested with multiple video files? There was another user that had issues with DTS due to a bad media info on the file itself.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30524-no-dts-over-spdif/

pprezzla

There was another user that was having similar problems with bitstreaming and enabling aero was the fix.  The new ET relies on aero for some of it's features and if it is not detected it will disable them. I'm not sure what the status of the warning is but at one point you would get a prompt when starting ET if aero was disabled stating that some features may be missing.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30548-theatre-surround-sound-and-guide/

Have you tested with multiple video files? There was another user that had issues with DTS due to a bad media info on the file itself.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30524-no-dts-over-spdif/

Gotcha, I have had no issues with Aero warnings etc.

I have tried multiple movies and only AC3 works in ET but all work in Emby app.

Would a bad file work in one but not the other?

pprezzla

Lav filters installed?

I hadn't heard of LAV filter but I have installed it and still nothing.

Not sure I have it set up correctly to be fair

Jdiesel

Would a bad file work in one but not the other?

Unlikely.

Can you also upload a logfile from your server when you attempting to play a video with DTS? It is possible that the video is being transcoded by the server.

pprezzla

Unlikely.

Can you also upload a logfile from your server when you attempting to play a video with DTS? It is possible that the video is being transcoded by the server.

Here is the log file from when I try and play a DTS in Emby Theatre (American Horror Story).

funnily enough when I tried a file in Windows Emby App, it did say up the top right 'playback:transcoding'

Log.txt

pprezzla

As a test, can you try disabling refresh rate switching? thanks.

Sorry, i can't find this setting

pprezzla

oops, you're right, i absolutely did :unsure: .  i was trying everything to get it working.

Anyway, disabled it again and still not working. new log attached

Log.txt

pprezzla

OK I've got it working!!!

a clean install of Emby Theatre and it worked.

I checked playback settings and bit streaming is now set to 'none' 
That must have been the problem. It was on HDMI before

Thanks for everybody's help

I have been struggling with this for a week now trying to get HD Master DTS as well. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and server with theater with no luck

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

OK I've got it working!!!

a clean install of Emby Theatre and it worked.

I checked playback settings and bit streaming is now set to 'none' 

That must have been the problem. It was on HDMI before

Thanks for everybody's help

Does your equipment even support bitstreaming? Is it possible you enabled it when it should not have been enabled in the first place?

pprezzla

Does your equipment even support bitstreaming? Is it possible you enabled it when it should not have been enabled in the first place?

Yeah it is possible did enable it by mistake.

After further investigation, i've just found out that sonos does not support DTS. I didn't think to check because the audio was working when i was using the Emby Windows App

Yeah it is possible did enable it by mistake.

After further investigation, i've just found out that sonos does not support DTS. I didn't think to check because the audio was working when i was using the Emby Windows App

Correct.  A lot of those sound bars only support AC3 (DD).

• Like 1