Metadata - People problem

Behelit

Hello

New Emby user here.

I've happily used Kodi for a while but due to its impossibility to cast to chromecast and the absence of any way of transcoding, i've decided to search something to complement it, so here i am.

I've installed the server and configured it, scanned the library and every metadata service seems to work without problems, everything but people service.

It creates a People folder in my default AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata, in which there are folders for every person i chose to download metadata. In these folders there are a poster.jpg and a person.xml but the xml is a simple xml, without detailed infos.

E.G. Martin Freeman

AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\People\M\Martin Freeman

A poster.jpg of his photo and this person.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Item>
  <Added>03/02/2016 14:14:26</Added>
  <LockData>false</LockData>
  <LocalTitle>Martin Freeman</LocalTitle>
</Item>

So, i've tried to manually run Clean Database, Scan media library and Refresh people in the Scheduled Tasks but nothing new.

Used the metadata manager in the web client to perform a full refresh but same results.

Searching the forums a bit i've found some people with same problem, and the only way they found to update people metadata is to refresh one by one every single actor/director (and so on) in the metadata manager.

This way it works for me too but it's a strange behaviour, the biography download should be automatically performed and i can't figure out why it doesn't work.

I post screens of my settings and my server log.

post-111639-0-14536000-1454541626_thumb.pngpost-111639-0-11732200-1454541644_thumb.pngpost-111639-0-12157300-1454541681_thumb.pngpost-111639-0-12208000-1454541712_thumb.pngpost-111639-0-35768800-1454541727_thumb.pngserver-63590138397.txt

• Like 2

I see you are on beta 3.0.5863. There were some issues with 5860 through 5863. Go to the Emby website and download the beta again. It should be 3.0.5864 now. In the notifications on the task bar of you HTPC, right click the emby server icon and select exit. Refresh the local host and verify the server shut down. Install the latest update and patiently wait for the database cleaner to run. Verify which version you are on when the server loads. Check to see if the issue remains. Report back.

Hi Luke

Thank you, i've tried again and i can tell the only way to obtain people infos from TheMovieDb is doing a refresh in every person page.

2016-02-05 16:06:11.9944 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669
2016-02-05 16:06:12.0904 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to ::1. Time: 183ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/Items/c24061f4aefd52011b4a97a6d46d19dc/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=FullRefresh&MetadataRefreshMode=FullRefresh&ReplaceAllImages=false&ReplaceAllMetadata=true
2016-02-05 16:06:12.8644 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/person?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&query=Martin+Freeman
2016-02-05 16:06:13.1684 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: http://api.themoviedb.org/3/person/7060?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=credits,images,external_ids

If you need full log, i'll post it.

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

i see this as well on the current dev build: Version 3.0.5879.1931

this leads to me looking for a way to "refresh" all people the way i can refresh a top level media library item...  

• Like 4

Monkeylurv

Is anyone else having this problem?

I think the new movies I add to my library are failing to get their cast and crew images fetched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monkeylurv

The movies with this issue were already in my library. Then I noticed they had no 'cast & crew' metadata. I used another program to scrape that info and emby now shows the actors in the library but without imagesddc16e17463abb0dd935aaeebb0057c5.jpgf6d75b74f1d9454b6e496dd652f81194.jpg

I feel that I need to get emby to renew the library but don't know how. I've tried removing the movies from the library, then re-adding them and certainly the 'scan media' library takes ages re-scanning these movies but the actors images are still missing.

When I add a completely new movie all works perfectly

Monkeylurv

It's 'Media Centre Master' (MCM) and no it is used only when needed. The movies, when added, are video files only so I use MCM to scrape ALL metadata including trailers and then I add the folder to my emby library. This usually works flawlessly but I recently noticed some of my movies (already in emby library) were without cast & crew data. Emby was obviously not scraping them so I used MCM successfully but am left without the actors images

Edited by Monkeylurv

It's 'Media Centre Master' (MCM) and no it is used only when needed. 

The movies, when added, are video files only so I use MCM to scrape ALL metadata including trailers and then I add the folder to my emby library. 

Those two statements appear to contradict each other.

If you use MCM to provide metadata, then Emby is just going to use that data - not go replace it (unless you manually force it to).

Monkeylurv

Agreed. What I don't understand is why emby is not displaying the cast & crew images. I've even checked in the appdata people images folder and they are there

Make sure that is where Emby is actually looking for them.  Have you changed your "Metadata Path"?  Or, is this an old installation that had a separate IBN folder?

Monkeylurv

Q. Ebr would I be better off not using MCM in the first place letting emby scrape all metadata? I began my journey with htpc back in 2008 and began to rely on MCM

Q. Ebr would I be better off not using MCM in the first place letting emby scrape all metadata? I began my journey with htpc back in 2008 and began to rely on MCM

IMO - yes.

Will do. Any ideas on how to get my cast & crew images?

A refresh of the movie from the web client.

You're welcome.

Monkeylurv

A refresh of the movie from the web client.

You're welcome.

Hmmm. Something is amiss. I did that. Even tried 'identify' movie and the refresh... No images

Monkeylurv

3f8bf8a3e5636bdea129e9d6cccfa130.jpg

Just double checking I'm doing this right (I know I can do stupid things!) I clicked on the 3 vertical dots and then clicked on refresh. Should have worked?

Same issue for me.

The only way I can get the cast info pulled down is by manually refreshing each cast member. The "Refresh people" task does not get that info. Refreshing the movie itself doesn't either.

CFC

• Like 3

Monkeylurv

Same issue for me.

The only way I can get the cast info pulled down is by manually refreshing each cast member. The "Refresh people" task does not get that info. Refreshing the movie itself doesn't either.

CFC

Exactly what I'm experiencing. It's too tedious, even though it's the only way to get it to work at present, to manually refresh each actor!

MrWebsmith

yup.. theres some other thread around here also with some of us looking for a way to do a MASS refresh people, rather than individual.. so far no word on if thats possible