How do I remove Collections from home screen?

Pete Mazz

To what are you responding?

This

Then I don't understand your response.  I was suggesting adjusting your settings in EMC and the server to make it present like you want in EMC.

Pete Mazz

Same question from the start. There seems to be no way to remove the Collections folder. I have toggled everything twice that even remotely pertains to it.

Same question from the start. There seems to be no way to remove the Collections folder. I have toggled everything twice that even remotely pertains to it.

You've turned off "Legacy Browsing"...?

I did but really didn't like it.

Did the collections view go away then?

Did you disable "Enhanced presentations" and/or ungroup your folders you want shown separately using the user settings in the web client?

The Collections folder showed up on my 64 bit machine, but not on my 32 bit, though both had the same settings (in Chocolate). Unclicking Legacy Browsing did remove it, but seems weird it shows up on machine and not the other (server is on the 64).

Pete Mazz

Did the collections view go away then?

Did you disable "Enhanced presentations" and/or ungroup your folders you want shown separately using the user settings in the web client?

I just wanted to let you all know that it just showed up and there was no simple way to make it go away. If everyone else likes it, that's fine. I can live with it. It's still an incredible media program and I appreciate and support your efforts.

ivairman

I am having same issue as everyone else here, cant get rid of box sets folder.  I even uninstalled box sets plugin  I had to go back to legacy folder browsing because your last update completely altered my collection in EMBY WMC..  Please stop breaking things in emby wmc. Things were running so well until last couple updates.

LASooner

I would suggest turning that off and adjusting the settings for library grouping and enhanced presentations to provide the same functionality.

No Favorites, No Go

The wife doesn't like to drill down into Movies, TV and turn on favorites. She likes having a favorites folder that puts all favorited movies and TV quickly accessible from the home screen. Unless something changed there's no way to replicate that without Legacy browsing.

I've got a "solution".  System restore to before Emby was updated with network unplugged, go into Advanced settings and disable automatic updates, also disable update check scheduled task.   Network cable back in.

I also took a backup of the system and system.old folders from %appdata%\Mediabrowser Server just in case.

Back to normal.  Sorry but I don't need any updates for new features.  I, like the other MC users, don't use Emby in the way the majority seem to and I like it just the way it is and so do my family.

Thanks for getting it this far but for now I'm off the update track.

Slink

moviefan

No Favorites, No Go

The wife doesn't like to drill down into Movies, TV and turn on favorites. She likes having a favorites folder that puts all favorited movies and TV quickly accessible from the home screen. Unless something changed there's no way to replicate that without Legacy browsing.

Same for Movies By Genre.

Being able to customize my EHS is one of the main reasons I've always preferred Emby over Plex.  Plex has just Movies and TV shown on its "EHS" or whatever you want to call it for Plex.  I never liked that.  I like having my separate folders ordered how I have them created so I can have separate top level folders for New Movies (ones that I want to watch soon but havent watched yet), Documentaries, Workout Videos, and TV series; as well as my Movie Archive folder and the Movies By Genre option for when people want to choose that way.  Emby has always let me do this and this and, again, is one of the main reasons I've supported it for so long over the alternatives.  Please dont take these options away or I will also probably end up going off the update track like slink.

• Like 1

moviefan, on 18 Feb 2016 - 5:05 PM, said:

Same for Movies By Genre.

Being able to customize my EHS is one of the main reasons I've always preferred Emby over Plex.  Plex has just Movies and TV shown on its "EHS" or whatever you want to call it for Plex.  I never liked that.  I like having my separate folders ordered how I have them created so I can have separate top level folders for New Movies (ones that I want to watch soon but havent watched yet), Documentaries, Workout Videos, and TV series; as well as my Movie Archive folder and the Movies By Genre option for when people want to choose that way.  Emby has always let me do this and this and, again, is one of the main reasons I've supported it for so long over the alternatives.  Please dont take these options away or I will also probably end up going off the update track like slink.

+1 for the idea of " I like having my separate folders ordered how I have them created so I can have separate top level folders for New Movies (ones that I want to watch soon but havent watched yet), Documentaries, Workout Videos, and TV series; as well as my Movie Archive folder"

I haven't dug into the details yet to try and get rid of the collections and upcoming TV and stuff... I used to just see my various folders nested as I've arranged them on the server, and I continue to use legacy browsing to achieve this effect. But now with these recent changes I'll have to rethink things.

So, can somebody dumb it down for me? If I just want to see my top level folders on the EMC main screen (I have them in folders called Movies, TV Series, Documentaries, etc.) and then under those main folders, the individual movie or series named folders, and that's how I want it to show, without any added Collections or Upcoming TV.... how do I achieve this ?

I'm willing to experiment in turning off legacy browsing, fine, but how do I just get it to show things as I arranged them in folder order?

Thanks all!

moviefan

@@Marc_G You can achieve what you are trying to do without using legacy browsing if you are okay with giving up top level folders for Movies by Genre and Favorites.

To do this you have to open your user preferences then select home screen settings and uncheck the box for all the collections you want to show up separately.  For example, this is how mine looks:

56ca415905a20_mb.png

Then just turn off legacy browsing and you're good to go.  You will also now see an option in the Emby for WMC configurator to disable collections view.  For some reason this option doesn't show with legacy browsing enabled.

I am not sure if there is a way to remove the upcoming TV thing just yet.

• Like 1

guys please help, I also desperately wanted to remove the 'Collections' heading from my EHS screen in EMC. I downloaded the latest Dev build linked above and with Legacy mode active I have the 'Collections' heading on my EHC but with Legacy mode off it's gone.

The problem I have now is with Legacy mode turned off my 'Favourites' folder doesn't show anything:

56d19296eca96_1.jpg

And on entering the favourites section I can only see blank icons of what should be displayed in there:

56d192adc0341_2.jpg

All I want to do is have my 'favourites' displaying properly on my EHS and NO 'Collections' option visible on the EHS - basically how it used to be before the recent 'updates' !!

If this is achievable under Legacy mode then even better!

Please can anyone help tell me how to achieve this?

BIG thanks in advance.

thanks for the reply ebr - I do see the items when I enter those blank folders, it's just that the file image is missing as you can see from the screenshot.

Is there any way to fix this as it's always nice having the EHS display both words and pictures to help the user see what their viewing. I couldn't find an option to specifically pin images to the 'favourites' section as 'favourites' isn't listed anywhere on the server :*(

Oh and whilst you're here Please tell me there's a way I can remove 'Collections' from the EHS also whilst staying in 'Legacy' view mode - PLEASE!

Big thanks for your time and help as always :)

Edited by Gaz

You should not need to stay in legacy mode.  If you install the dev version of EMC, you should be able to make the normal display work as you want.

For those images, put them in properly-named folders under your metadata\general folder.

You should not need to stay in legacy mode.  If you install the dev version of EMC, you should be able to make the normal display work as you want.

For those images, put them in properly-named folders under your metadata\general folder.

@@ebr - sorry can you be a bit more specific, Are you saying make some folders using the exact name of what I've 'favourite'd' and put these folders with a folder.jpg file inside them somewhere specifically on my HDD? Where should they be placed exactly when you say "metadata\general"? Can you please give me an example of the location you're refering to please.

Is the reason everyone is avoiding the "how do I remove COLLECTIONS from the EHS" question simply down to the fact that it can't be done?

Thanks.

@@ebr - sorry can you be a bit more specific, Are you saying make some folders using the exact name of what I've 'favourite'd' and put these folders with a folder.jpg file inside them somewhere specifically on my HDD? Where should they be placed exactly when you say "metadata\general"? Can you please give me an example of the location you're refering to please.

This document is old but explains it.  Substitute where ever your "Metadata" folder is when it talks about "ImagesByName" or "IBN".  By default, your metadata folder is under emby-server. ImagesByName Folder

Is the reason everyone is avoiding the "how do I remove COLLECTIONS from the EHS" question simply down to the fact that it can't be done?

I've tried to answer the question on multiple occasions. The way to remove it is to turn off Legacy browsing and use the server-side options to decide how your folders will be displayed.

moviefan

I hope some of you guys will join us on Emby Theater. The guide is starting to take shape:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/2142-emby-theater/?p=306894

Getting in early on the app and providing your feedback would be a great way to help put your own stamp on it.

I plan to start trying out Emby Theater in my new room setup as soon as I get my HTPC.  Waiting for the new BRIX configurations with HDMI 2.0 to be released shortly.

Is it finally more customizable to allow for a similar EHS to what I get from Emby for WMC?