How do I remove Collections from home screen?

Pete Mazz

It's not Emby for WMC, but by getting on-board you can bring that type of voice to the audience of the app.

Same problem here.

I use legacy folder browsing and after one of the most recent updates, an empty "Collections" folder somehow appeared on my Emby for Media Center main screen.  Ugh.  How do I get rid of this?  "Collections" doesn't appear in the web client and Emby for Media Center doesn't seem to respect the user settings regarding disabling the collections view.

I've tried to answer the question on multiple occasions. The way to remove it is to turn off Legacy browsing and use the server-side options to decide how your folders will be displayed.

• Like 1

Lyle Home

Hi, I have been following this post and other similar ones regarding the appearance of empty "Collections" folder to main screen when using legacy browsing and Emby for Media Center. In addition, I have also seen an appearance of an "upcoming TV" folder within the TV series list.  I was using legacy browsing because I liked the simple way to configure a "genre" option. I also really like the "upcoming TV" folder within my TV show folders (between Twilight Zone and Voyage to Bottom of the Sea). Very nice. But when the empty Collections folder appeared, I wanted to lose it right away. So I turned off legacy browsing and I configured for sorting by genre manually using the on-screen view options. All looked good but I also lost the nice folder "upcoming TV". So I followed your instructions and went into options/configure and turned on "show TV sub-views". But this created a whole new layer to go through before getting to TV Series. I see the following folder layer: resume, next up, series, favorites, etc. (including the one I want which is "upcoming TV").  I'm trying to keep my menus really simple (for kids, visitors, etc) and drilling down through another layer is not ideal. Is there any way to keep the folder "upcoming TV" within the TV series list and get rid of the empty Collections folder without adding all the TV show sub views? I apologize if this is confusing. I'm not an expert by any means. I don't use the browser method, I prefer Windows Media Center. 

rb0135

You should not need to stay in legacy mode.  If you install the dev version of EMC, you should be able to make the normal display work as you want.

For those images, put them in properly-named folders under your metadata\general folder.

How not to stay in legacy mode but have the same functionality? I have asked this several times. Never receive and answer except you can configure it so it works exactly the same. So, How?

I followed this thread as I wanted to remove "Collections" from my WMC menu.

Every time I turn off legacy folders, all of a sudden, I loose my comedy folders and other folders, my separated movies folder eg I have box sets, comedy, home, general, kids under a "MOVIES" directory) all merge together under the movies view (not the files but what is displayed in WMC) so I go to the movies and rather than separated movies, they are now in one screen.

I will create a new topic if that is going to help to get an answer.

Thanks

• Like 1

soundsnake8

This document is old but explains it.  Substitute where ever your "Metadata" folder is when it talks about "ImagesByName" or "IBN".  By default, your metadata folder is under emby-server. ImagesByName Folder

I've tried to answer the question on multiple occasions. The way to remove it is to turn off Legacy browsing and use the server-side options to decide how your folders will be displayed.

This document is old but explains it.  Substitute where ever your "Metadata" folder is when it talks about "ImagesByName" or "IBN".  By default, your metadata folder is under emby-server. ImagesByName Folder

There is no ImagesByName Folder in the above location on my system it is in C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName and the only folder in there is People folder. The C:\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data folder is where the collections folder resides can it be deleted and will that have the results we are looking for ? 

There is no ImagesByName Folder in the above location on my system it is in C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser\ImagesByName and the only folder in there is People folder. 

How not to stay in legacy mode but have the same functionality? I have asked this several times. Never receive and answer except you can configure it so it works exactly the same. So, How?

Go to the web client.

Click on your user icon and then "Settings"

Select "Home Screen Settings"

Under "My Views" where it says "automatically group content from the following..." uncheck all of the folders

Under "View Styles" uncheck all of the options

Re-start EMC

• Like 2

Lyle Home

Thank you again for the help. Yes, the instructions to turn off Legacy mode does get rid of the empty "Collections" folder from my EHS and further instructions to make changes in the Web Client settings get me almost back to my previous views prior to recent updates. But unfortunately it causes me to lose the folder "Upcoming TV" which was in my TV Series list. It did not have its own level, simply in with all the TV series. That was OK. Point is, I really like "upcoming TV" and referred to it often.  

I can get it back by checking "TV Shows" under View Styles / Enhanced Presentations. But then I'm back to a new layer in the TV Series folder of empty folders: Next Up, Favorites, etc.

So, for me I will go back to legacy mode and live with the empty "Collections" folder on my opening EHS screen because I like the Upcoming TV folder.

Thanks for the step by step instructions ebr, very much appreciated :)

I've followed you're procedure as listed above and then when I go to my Favourites folder I get a continual list of icons informing me that I have (in my case) 5 favorite albums set as my 'Favourites'.

56d9b62c2318c_1.jpg

56d9b65da3882_2.jpg

None of these icons link to anything specific and it's only when I then select any of these icons do I get the proper list of my favourites.

56d9b672ea0b5_3.jpg

Is there a way to skip entirely the previous view as shown in the 2nd image above so it goes directly to the actual listing of my favourites?

Thanks

But unfortunately it causes me to lose the folder "Upcoming TV" which was in my TV Series list. It did not have its own level, simply in with all the TV series.

That was actually a bug.  Refer to the posts out here about how to get rid of it ;).

Doctor Bob

Go to the web client.

Click on your user icon and then "Settings"

Select "Home Screen Settings"

Under "My Views" where it says "automatically group content from the following..." uncheck all of the folders

Under "View Styles" uncheck all of the options

Re-start EMC

Ba da bing, ba da boom!

Spot on, ebr

Update: I was so please to see the Collections item in the Emby Classic main menu go away after trying ebr's procedure (above).

However, I noticed today in Movies that my movie series (The Terminator, Lord the Rings, The Hobbit, etc) were not grouped under one poster.

I solved this by enabling the "Use Legacy Folder Browsing" in the Legacy Browsing settings.

After making this change the Collections item is back!

Ebr's method (above) does not work in Legacy Folder Browsing mode.

Is there a way to remove the Collections item in MCE Emby Classic main menu?

Edited by Doctor Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, please just a straightforward answer if you'd be so kind please!

Is it at all possible to have the EHS on Emby Media Centre just display the Media Heading Titles that I want by type (i.e. TV, Movies, Documentaries, etc)

No unwanted 'Collections' menu on there and not losing my 'Favourites' collection from the EHS as a reult of messing about in settings to enable Legacy this or that etc.

Like the old days when Mediabrowser just worked - nice and easy.

Not a lot to ask I'd of thought but with all these recent updates it seems hard work to keep the most simplest of media setups.

Guys, please just a straightforward answer if you'd be so kind please!

Is it at all possible to have the EHS on Emby Media Centre just display the Media Heading Titles that I want by type (i.e. TV, Movies, Documentaries, etc)

No unwanted 'Collections' menu on there and not losing my 'Favourites' collection from the EHS as a reult of messing about in settings to enable Legacy this or that etc.

Like the old days when Mediabrowser just worked - nice and easy.

Not a lot to ask I'd of thought but with all these recent updates it seems hard work to keep the most simplest of media setups.

Update to the beta version of EMC.

• 2 weeks later...
epayson85

Ok but how about for those of us that want the collections view? I have collections showing with ehs enabled and it works great. However, there is another collections when you go into movies subview and its blank... I would love to remove it or if it can work then remove collections from my home screen. Either way is fine.

moviefan

Either remove movie-sub views or remove collections from the EHS with the configurator.  There is no method for only removing the collections sub-view.

epayson85

Either remove movie-sub views or remove collections from the EHS with the configurator.  There is no method for only removing the collections sub-view.

Yea not a good answer lol the sub views have great things like favorites and genres... If collections actually worked in the subviews I would remove it from the EHS but it doesn't work. I want collections in subviews but not if it doesn't work.

moviefan

Maybe if you could explain what isn't working about it?

I am not using sub-views but I haven't heard it doesn't work anywhere else.

My collections don't work with Emby for WMC because I am still doing manual collections and not using auto box-set - which seems kind of silly since they work fine in the web client.  Maybe that is your problem as well?

epayson85

I used auto box set at first then removed it because it kept re-adding crap I didnt want even after removing them.  Now I do them manually and they all show up under WMC both sets created by the plugin and ones I have created manually.  That is if you go to collections via the home screen / EHS.

If you go into collections via the sub views there is NOTHING.  Its completely blank and says there are no items.  I don't really care where collections are I just want them in one place and I want them to work.  If its on the home screen / EHS and I can remove it from subviews, GREAT.  If the sub views collections works and I can remove collections from the EHS GREAT.  It looks stupid to have it in two places and one of them doesn't even work.  As I said though turning off subviews isn't an option because I want all the other great features included with that.  The ability to edit the subviews in my opinion would be a great option. 

You are probably not going to be able to edit the sub-views but the fact that the collections sub-view is blank is a bug.  We're pretty sure on the server end but, either way, it will get addressed.