Issues with TV series not stored in Season sub-folders

gordon1000
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

gordon1000

Hi,

I have lots of TV series that are only one season long (typical for Asian series), so all episodes are stored in the show's folder without a season sub-folder.

With MB Server version: 3.0.5099.2102, if the folder contains series.xml then none of the episodes are displayed in the clients. If I remove series.xml file then the episodes are displayed in the clients. Comparing the series.xml to the ones with season sub-folders, I noticed these ones don't have <SeriesId> tag in them.

So it is now compulsory to have all the episodes in a season sub-folder?

Cheers,

Gordon

• Solution

OK. It has gotten a little more strict. If you want it to be treated as a TV series with your series XML then you need to use a supported naming convention for episodes. They are listed in the wiki and there's quite A few to pick from

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

Ok, thanks. That's a lot of renaming, I might just forgo the meta data.

You can use a tool like Media Center Master to rename as necessary. It can even pull the metadata for you.

Starlionblue

You can use a tool like Media Center Master to rename as necessary. It can even pull the metadata for you.

While I love MCM, as far as I know it can't rename unless files have "s01e02" or "1x02" somewhere in the name.